News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022-05-31 - Credit One Stadium Charleston, SC - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by susep, June 02, 2022, 07:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

:phish:
CREDIT ONE STADIUM
Charleston, SC
Soundcheck: Knuckle Bone Broth Avenue (x3), The Howling

SET 1: Set Your Soul Free, Walls of the Cave, Sample in a Jar, Steam, My Friend, My Friend[1] > Sparkle, Ocelot, Leaves, The Squirming Coil

SET 2: Axilla (Part II) > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Light > Mountains in the Mist, Meat, Golgi Apparatus[2] > Slave to the Traffic Light > Cavern

ENCORE: 46 Days > Tube

susep

Almost 38 minute 1-2 show opening jam.  At one point(via the free stream) Trey looks back at Fish like ok dude during SYSF.  Longer opener than Sigma.  Walls has a nice jam, serene if you will.  Big fan of the Axilla II outro mini jams especially as a Hoist era noob.  Light too has some great interplay although a bit redundant in the last few minutes. 
The crazy Tube jam is the proverbial exclamation on yet another killer show. 

emay

Yeah listened to set your souls free this morning again and it's pretty fire. 
2001 > Light > mtns is another solid moment. 

antelope19

This night marked my return to Phish after almost 6 years. I am still processing how it all came together last minute, but it was amazing to be back despite the circumstances that brought me there. Highlights from an exceptional evening for me were 2001, Slave, and Tube.

I came to the conclusion that it's unacceptable to allow so much time to pass before I see this band again. Honestly, at 43, I shouldn't be allowed to have so much fun in one evening anymore. I will be at another show in less than 12 months. I don't know how or where or when, but dammit, it's gotta happen.

Shout out to WTU!
It was amazing to see you after this many years.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: antelope19 on June 02, 2022, 11:59:59 PMShout out to WTU!

Same to you buddy!  I hope next time is sooner than later.

Speaking of old-skool paugers.... I also met up with GAH, Barnsey, Igbo and UncleEb this run! So good to see all those fools.

I had a great time at this show, Trey was all over the place with his FX (which usually means he's running-low on actual musical ideas) however it made for some interesting jams. WOTC, 2001 and Tube all seemed a bit more unique sounding than usual. Loving the jammed out openers. Light was solid. Yay Phish.
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: antelope19 on June 02, 2022, 11:59:59 PMThis night marked my return to Phish after almost 6 years. I am still processing how it all came together last minute, but it was amazing to be back despite the circumstances that brought me there. Highlights from an exceptional evening for me were 2001, Slave, and Tube.

I came to the conclusion that it's unacceptable to allow so much time to pass before I see this band again. Honestly, at 43, I shouldn't be allowed to have so much fun in one evening anymore. I will be at another show in less than 12 months. I don't know how or where or when, but dammit, it's gotta happen.

Shout out to WTU!
STFU Neely.

Come up for the great woods shows. No excuses
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on June 03, 2022, 09:22:26 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 02, 2022, 11:59:59 PMThis night marked my return to Phish after almost 6 years. I am still processing how it all came together last minute, but it was amazing to be back despite the circumstances that brought me there. Highlights from an exceptional evening for me were 2001, Slave, and Tube.

Shout out to WTU!
STFU Neely.

Boom!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sunrisevt

Quote from: birdman on June 03, 2022, 09:22:26 PM

Shout out to WTU!
STFU Neely.

I'm sayin'
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

So... as a drummer... this simply has to be pointed out...

This is the first 2001 (ever!) that Fishman resorted to playing the drum beat with two-hands on the high-hat. I know that probably makes little sense to everyone... but what it means is that he used to do something with one hand that now takes two-hands... which.... I wish I didn't feel this way....But that just makes me feel sad.
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

QuoteDeath comes for us all.
The good thing is.... It don't hurt very long!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

westcider

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 12, 2022, 09:05:49 PMSo... as a drummer... this simply has to be pointed out...

This is the first 2001 (ever!) that Fishman resorted to playing the drum beat with two-hands on the high-hat. I know that probably makes little sense to everyone... but what it means is that he used to do something with one hand that now takes two-hands... which.... I wish I didn't feel this way....But that just makes me feel sad.

I noticed him do that on YEM earlier this year, but then he didn't in the most recent one.  maybe he'll go back.  I've always found the 2001 beat to be more difficult with two hands (not that I have any formal drum training)

anthrax

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: westcider on June 15, 2022, 04:40:21 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 12, 2022, 09:05:49 PMSo... as a drummer... this simply has to be pointed out...

I noticed him do that on YEM earlier this year, but then he didn't in the most recent one.  maybe he'll go back.  I've always found the 2001 beat to be more difficult with two hands (not that I have any formal drum training)

Interesting.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the HH is 1e+2e+3e+4e+ and doesn't seem that challenging.
Maybe he injured his right hand??
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on June 30, 2022, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: westcider on June 15, 2022, 04:40:21 PM

Interesting.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the HH is 1e+2e+3e+4e+ and doesn't seem that challenging.
Maybe he injured his right hand??

He switches back and forth between doing that on bowie intros and stuff.  probably gets bored.  I highly doubt he cant anymore.