News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Back to Mexico in 2023

Started by Buffalo Budd, July 06, 2022, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Mrs. SF and I are with GBL Nizuckiing!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

We are going to have so much :wtu:  f'n fun.
Bring in the dude!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Here's last night's soundcheck:

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

That welcome set was a snoozer.  How was the soundcheck?  Looking forward to a better night tonight!

mistercharlie

I dug the soundcheck. I posted the link a few posts above if you want to check it out.

As for the show, I agree with you. The Blaze On > Twist was the only real highlight of the night. But I was listening while working today, so I may enjoy it better with a good buzz.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on February 24, 2023, 06:40:49 PMThat welcome set was a snoozer.  How was the soundcheck?  Looking forward to a better night tonight!

A snoozer for a fest opener with only one 3.0 tune?
Unless they botched 50% of the comps, that's a win in my books.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Night 1 was well played but very standard and not many tunes that allowed for jams or outside the box playing.

Tonight was a whole other ballgame as Trey was looking to get weird at pretty much every opportunity, haven't heard him bust out that many effects so often in a while. Stash got out there as did Split of course. Elsewhere in the first set Wave of Hope delivered yet another dynamic jam.

Second set was pretty much all killer no filler with just a brief breather for Shade. Waves had a mellow jam and then Ruby Waves achieved lift off with some plinko type action. Chalkdust seemed like it was gonna go deep but then Gin popped up, which also was a well above average version.

And can we talk about how much better the streams sound now with Mike actually audible and Fish's drums beefed up. Apparently they are doing it right again with a separate mix for the stream and they've brought in Vance Powell to do that while Garry is back at the board FOH. Hopefully the sound at the shows themselves has similarly improved. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

GBL

pool party at my house, everyone is welcome
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Did anyone else notice this is the first run all four members were on in-ear monitors?

Mike and Page have used them for years now, Trey sporadically, but this was the first time I'd ever seen Fishman with them in.
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 04, 2023, 03:23:58 AMDid anyone else notice this is the first run all four members were on in-ear monitors?

Mike and Page have used them for years now, Trey sporadically, but this was the first time I'd ever seen Fishman with them in.

Yes!  we were actually talking about this yesterday.  do you think that has any effect on the jamming style?  or trey's poor singing?  or fishman's flubs?