News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022-08-02 - Blossom, Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-show Discussion & Review

Started by Buffalo Budd, August 03, 2022, 06:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

SET 1: Strawberry Fields Forever, Crowd Control, Punch You in the Eye > 46 Days > You Enjoy Myself, Tube > Shade, Reba, Cavern

SET 2: Free > Esther > Blaze On > Scents and Subtle Sounds > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Split Open and Melt

ENCORE: Bathtub Gin

Strawberry Fields Forever was performed for the first time since July 22, 2017 (168 shows). Trey teased Also Sprach Zarathustra at the end of Gin.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

2nd longest Free, SASS got out there, as did the SOAM, what a setlist.
 :music:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 03, 2022, 06:16:39 AM2nd longest Free, SASS got out there, as did the SOAM, what a setlist.
 :music:
I love it when the second set opener is a monster jam... I can throw the 'set opener' video on while I do my banking at work this morning! Pretty excited to hear/see that Free.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Contender for show of the tour here, second set was all killer, no filler. Only complaint was that Esther was a little rough. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

My first Phish show in nearly 22 years!!! (9/18/00):willynilly: 

I haven't posted much in these last two years since I started my job with the post office. N00b mail carriers don't get a choice about how much overtime they work, and we're a busy installation, so I'm regularly working 60+. But I'm still lurking and, to an extent, following tour.

We missed the first two songs, so that was a bummer missing Strawberry Fields, but the rest of the set rocked. Post-vocal-jam jam was sweet in YEM! Reba was very welcome, too.

The second set was great! Agree with Hicks about Esther, but it really was a treat, that second set. This was my girlfriend's first show and she went in knowing nothing, really, I've only played them for her a few times. So she went in nearly completely fresh and she loved it! We're gonna try for TAB in Chicago, maybe I can see some of you fools there!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

anthrax

:phish:  :phish:  :pbjtime:  :pbjtime: whole show was great!  2nd set melted faces!!

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Good to see you back around these parts Dan and you definitely lucked out for a first show back.  :clap:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

pcr3

I watched both of the set openers on the phish youtube and was impressed by both.  Overall, the show looks like an absolute smoker.

Side note-I lost my shit watching the Free last night, as there is a 4-5 minute jam near the end where they are playing what sounds exactly like a song I wrote that the Jauntee actually covered once to entertain me.   :wtu: can confirm that he heard it too.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

Several quality segments in the Free jam. Interesting that the jam came essentially after the song was "over" as opposed to out of the Free "jam" itself. Can't decide if that's funny or annoying...
Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

Free is... fine. Sounds nice enough, but doesn't really do much.

And I guess Trey's guitar went out of tune at some point? Esther is painful.

cactusfan

rowjimmy

Good to see you around and glad you got to see a hot show Dan!
Same goes for everyone else. Great show in Blossom. The Melt was  >:D