News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Archival Release - 12/02/1995 New Haven, CT

Started by mistercharlie, November 05, 2022, 07:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Listened to this Tweezer for the first time in years today.

What an absolute smoker. Ferocious.

I actually tried to play along with the jam on drums and quickly realized... I literally couldn't keep up. Fishman keeps 16ths going on the ride cymbal the entirety of this jam at 100 bpm.  I couldn't even do it for 10 seconds. And beyond that... he's doing all these crazy fills and building tension.... Insanity.
Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 09, 2022, 10:15:55 AMListened to this Tweezer for the first time in years today.

What an absolute smoker. Ferocious.

I actually tried to play along with the jam on drums and quickly realized... I literally couldn't keep up. Fishman keeps 16ths going on the ride cymbal the entirety of this jam at 100 bpm.  I couldn't even do it for 10 seconds. And beyond that... he's doing all these crazy fills and building tension.... Insanity.

Fishman is the MVP on this one. Holy shit
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jasonsobel

looking forward to this release!  My 2nd show!!  Also, the 2nd set was one of my first 3 audience recordings that I ever had (along with NYE 95 set 3, and Clifford Ball Day 2 set 2).  I know every note in those sets like the back of my hand, thanks to listening to those sets and nothing else for roughly 3 years or so!

:phish:
sing me back home before I die

Superfreakie

Quote from: jasonsobel on November 10, 2022, 02:52:07 PMlooking forward to this release!  My 2nd show!!  Also, the 2nd set was one of my first 3 audience recordings that I ever had (along with NYE 95 set 3, and Clifford Ball Day 2 set 2).  I know every note in those sets like the back of my hand, thanks to listening to those sets and nothing else for roughly 3 years or so!

:phish:

Of course a ninety-fiver would pull you out of the wood work.  :laugh: Hope you're doing well Jason!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

Is it just me or is the bass weirdly low in this mix?

The bass is thumpin' on that Gorge '98 release and then I put this on and it's such a stark contrast...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 11, 2022, 12:17:27 PMIs it just me or is the bass weirdly low in this mix?

The bass is thumpin' on that Gorge '98 release and then I put this on and it's such a stark contrast...
Oh, you kids and never knowing about People For a Louder Mike. It was a movement back in the day to get Mike louder and also Page clearer.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 11, 2022, 12:26:02 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 11, 2022, 12:17:27 PMIs it just me or is the bass weirdly low in this mix?

Oh, you kids and never knowing about People For a Louder Mike. It was a movement back in the day to get Mike louder and also Page clearer.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

PIE-GUY

PLM! 

Also, he was still using the Languadoc bass in 1995. He didn't make the switch to the modulus until that famous Slip Stitch Pass show in 1997. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Yeah I remember a couple other older Fall/Winter 95 releases Mike is pretty low too. 

Superfreakie

I distinctly remember the Winter '95 tour arena sound, forever seared in my mind. While Mike wasn't as loud in the mix as he would eventually be, Fishman's drums were freakin' massive, likely chalked up to Languedoc trying to migrate Phish's '95 sound into arenas. I'd describe the drums as cavernous, thunderous, and boomy. You felt it. I remember leaving shows that December run absolutely AMPED, bouncing off the walls.   

A drummer at the time, I'd never heard drums that prominent in a band's mix - I was pleasantly taken aback even if it was a little much. And then Trey pulls out those shit ass rinky dink rotating shallow toms. If I was Fishman, I would have tossed those fucking things in a dumpster behind the first venue played that fall. You could hear their cheap plastic skins and it's evident on some LP releases. I guess they were better than the mini-keyboard ('99 I think??) 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

kellerb

This show has the correct number of notes

mbw

Is it me or are the mids and low end just mud?

mattstick

Quote from: mbw on November 23, 2022, 03:20:12 PMIs it me or are the mids and low end just mud?

Probably sounds great on cheap ear buds.

I didn't know that I loved this Reba until last week.

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on November 23, 2022, 07:09:50 PM
Quote from: mbw on November 23, 2022, 03:20:12 PMIs it me or are the mids and low end just mud?

Probably sounds great on cheap ear buds.

I didn't know that I loved this Reba until last week.

Yeah the Reba is incredible.

Tweezer rages so god-damned hard.
I love how at about 10:30 they collectively realize they need to dial it down a notch before someone gets hurt.  They compose themselves for a bit then bring it right back up to 11.

Can't fuck with Fall 95 Phish.