News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Spring Tour 2023

Started by emay, January 10, 2023, 02:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

I know everyone is raving about this Tweezer but has anyone acknowledged that it may be the first one where they kind of forgot how to play it for about 10-15 seconds?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

And because I'm too lazy to start a post show thread, what is that rig that Mike played with entering the jam?
Some rod balancing on a post.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 18, 2023, 10:11:56 PMI know everyone is raving about this Tweezer but has anyone acknowledged that it may be the first one where they kind of forgot how to play it for about 10-15 seconds?

Terry forgets how to play Tweezer all the time, do you even 3.0?!!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 18, 2023, 02:45:13 PMSo, did the stoner interns take today off? Anyone have any idea why the show hasn't been uploaded to LP yet?
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 18, 2023, 02:45:13 PMSo, did the stoner interns take today off? Anyone have any idea why the show hasn't been uploaded to LP yet?

I caught a good chunk of 4/17 set 2 on the Phish Sirius channel yesterday (4/18) afternoon. Mix sounded great. As of 11:40am Eastern, it still isn't up on lp.com, but 4/18 is. I sure as shit don't understand the technical details, but I can't believe the recording won't be available soon.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on April 19, 2023, 03:14:47 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 18, 2023, 10:11:56 PMI know everyone is raving about this Tweezer but has anyone acknowledged that it may be the first one where they kind of forgot how to play it for about 10-15 seconds?

Terry forgets how to play Tweezer all the time, do you even 3.0?!!!!
:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

khalpin

Quote from: emay on April 17, 2023, 03:32:21 PMYeah the what are you doing series has been interesting this tour. Crazy how many software programmers they have to run the lights now. Checked out some position openings at Tait, pretty unique software.

Interesting.  I wasn't even aware that was a thing.  I looked it up and the company was founded by the same Michael Tait that did the light shows for Yes back in the 70s.  Come a long way in 50 years.

sunrisevt

Anyone else ready to call bullshit on the delay w/ the 4/17 release?

Like, did literal aliens land during the show, & Homeland Security put a lid on it, or something?

mistercharlie

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 19, 2023, 07:23:01 PMAnyone else ready to call bullshit on the delay w/ the 4/17 release?

Like, did literal aliens land during the show, & Homeland Security put a lid on it, or something?
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but there is a bit of what I thought was static during the Undermine jam that could have been the recording equipment blowing-out. It would be such a damned shame to not have one of the best 3.0 shows yet in pure SBD form. I have an mp3 stream rip, but it's not the same.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

I haven't listened to all the shows so far this tour, but it seems like they have been on point with transitions for the most part. I'm excited to get to the bowl.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2023, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 19, 2023, 07:23:01 PMAnyone else ready to call bullshit on the delay w/ the 4/17 release?

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but there is a bit of what I thought was static during the Undermine jam that could have been the recording equipment blowing-out. It would be such a damned shame to not have one of the best 3.0 shows yet in pure SBD form. I have an mp3 stream rip, but it's not the same.

I really hope it gets resolved. I'd basically forgotten about this run until the 'paug started chatting about it, and then when it came on the radio the other day on Sirius, I could tell it was something special before I saw what was playing. And then it played for like 25 minutes before resolving into Tweezer and dissolving again.

mistercharlie

4/17 just landed on LivePhish!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

So last night had its moments. Gin was pretty raging and there were some nice ambient jams in the second set.... But...

Can anyone confirm what I witnessed at the end of Kill Devil Falls...? I swear, I've never seen Trey more disinterested in a jam. There had to be a solid 3 minutes at the end of that jam where he didn't even play his guitar. He kept looking at the other guys, fiddling with pedals, yet no one noticed he was trying to stop. It was seriously weird, then led to them really f'n up the start of Fuego. I've seen Trey "give up" on jams plenty of times, but this was next level. He seemed upset! It really threw off my vibe for the rest of the show, albeit some good moments occurred afterwords.

Had a great time at the Greek overall but that specific jam really had me scratching my head!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 21, 2023, 01:42:48 AMSo last night had its moments. Gin was pretty raging and there were some nice ambient jams in the second set.... But...

Can anyone confirm what I witnessed at the end of Kill Devil Falls...? I swear, I've never seen Trey more disinterested in a jam. There had to be a solid 3 minutes at the end of that jam where he didn't even play his guitar. He kept looking at the other guys, fiddling with pedals, yet no one noticed he was trying to stop. It was seriously weird, then led to them really f'n up the start of Fuego. I've seen Trey "give up" on jams plenty of times, but this was next level. He seemed upset! It really threw off my vibe for the rest of the show, albeit some good moments occurred afterwords.

Had a great time at the Greek overall but that specific jam really had me scratching my head!

So.. that's weird.
I didn't watch and have only listened but now I have to go back. I thought the KDF jam was decent, albeit not as long as I'd have enjoyed. Fuego's are never that well played so that didn't phase me and then the Fuego JAM is awesome.

kellerb

I've wished KDF ended 3 minutes earlier every time they play it, but Trey hasn't agreed until now  >:D

anthrax

weekday west coast shows means i'm playing behind.  been avoiding the chatter to have that no spoiler experience.  i did a proper couch tour of all 3 greek shows in the span of about 24 hours.  what a run!  my mind is officially melted.  will need to revisit all 3 very soon, but hollywood night one is on tap for today!  i like this phish right now!!