News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Is this The Landlady?

Started by mattstick, January 21, 2023, 10:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I've been buying this series of Latin LPs from Fania Records, reissued by Craft Recordings and I came across this track "PiraƱa" from Willie Colin's 1972 album El Jucio...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1EmwaDM8X1M

I had to double check but The Landlady is credited as written by Trey Anastasio on Picture Of Nectar...

Marmar

That opening is something.....it's not the Landlady.....but it is definitely something I've heard Phish play.....it almost sounds like Caravan.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mistercharlie

Holy shit! That is insanely close to being The Landlady. It also reminds me of Caravan a bit in the beginning.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Not The Landlady, but that opening melody is definitely Caravan.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 21, 2023, 09:17:24 PMNot The Landlady, but that opening melody is definitely Caravan.

Caravan2001

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

the Landlady is also the Sex In The City opening theme isn't it?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 18, 2023, 11:28:37 PMthe Landlady is also the Sex In The City opening theme isn't it?

No. Similar Latin vibe, but not the same.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 19, 2023, 10:28:25 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 18, 2023, 11:28:37 PMthe Landlady is also the Sex In The City opening theme isn't it?

No. Similar Latin vibe, but not the same.

not that I've ever watched an episode before  ::)
If this is love, I'm never going home..