News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey & Page Album: January

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 07, 2023, 03:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: natronzero on March 10, 2023, 09:14:11 AMI like the single, but yeah. I'm on my second time through the album this morning and its great. Life Saving Gun is a fucking bop. Cool instrumental tracks too.

I like the single a lot...more so today than on first listen. Honestly think Trey's vocals are restrained and work.
This is a nice little album.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 10, 2023, 08:25:21 AMThis album is not what you think it is from that first single.

Yeah, I actually dig most of the non-Dancing in Midair songs!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Goofy album. Acoustic guitar and synths are just kind of an odd mix.... I guess it worked for Pink Floyd...

I doubt we'll see any of these in rotation but there could be a few jammers in there  :beerbang: 

"Ambrosia Fire" sounds like Trey opened up a dictionary, pointed to random words and then used them for the lyrics.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Acoustic guitar and synths sounds like a significant portion of my bandcamp collection, tbh.

It's decidedly not a jamband album.

emay

I dug the instrumental tracks. 

GBL

call me crazy, but I loved it

except for Ambrosia Fire  :tte:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

This morning I woke up with a tune stuck in my head. It took me the past two and a half hours to realize that it was Life Saving Gun. I think I really dig this album.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 10, 2023, 08:25:21 AMThis album is not what you think it is from that first single.

I am leaning in your direction. Not sure why they chose that first single. Will be digging deeper when I have a chance.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Really warming up to this once I got past the cringe lyrics.  Some really cool sounds throughout.  Liking it exponentially better with each listen (today was 3rd listen).

cactusfan

This is rather pleasant, overall. A little cheese, but still. I like the low-key dreaminess of it.

mopper_smurf

Tried again today, while fully rested and in a good mood. Nope, still hate it.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy