News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 24, 2022, 02:25:59 PMyeah, the patch and the gum i
Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 23, 2022, 11:38:26 PMThe only thing that worked for me is the nicotine lozenges. I like the mini ones. You tuck it in your lip and it just keeps you from kicking the dog, if you know what I mean. Start with having one in your every waking moment then slowly ween yourself off them by waiting until you really need the next one. Usually takes me 2-3 weeks to ween down to no longer needing them... ymmv.
Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 23, 2022, 11:38:26 PMThe only thing that worked for me is the nicotine lozenges. I like the mini ones. You tuck it in your lip and it just keeps you from kicking the dog, if you know what I mean. Start with having one in your every waking moment then slowly ween yourself off them by waiting until you really need the next one. Usually takes me 2-3 weeks to ween down to no longer needing them... ymmv.
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 24, 2022, 02:14:31 PM
im assuming thats same sorta premise as nicotine gum

The patch and the gum are kind of a pain.  Mini-lozenges are the best option, like PG says. The regular size lozenges are like horse pills so you have to go with the minis. I've been hooked on the minis, but it's better than smoking/chewing.  Def kills any craving though you might eat them like chiclets at first.  Don't get nicorrette brand, get store brand they are way cheaper.  Walmart/Walgreens has them cheapest, Amazon also has a bunch of generics too. You'd probably want to start with 4mg if you are a pack a day but you can switch to 2mg pretty quickly. It's getting off the 2mg that is a struggle for me. Good luck.
right on... thanks for the details.
yeah im more like 3-5 cigs a day max , though i smoke halfs and thirds so i'm "smoking" 10 times a day sometimes.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

GBL

I started chantix on October 12th and so far has been smooth sailing

there really isn't anything better to quit, it works man
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on October 25, 2022, 07:05:25 PMI started chantix on October 12th and so far has been smooth sailing

o, ive never really heard from anyone using that.

kellerb

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 25, 2022, 09:54:15 PM
Quote from: GBL on October 25, 2022, 07:05:25 PMI started chantix on October 12th and so far has been smooth sailing

o, ive never really heard from anyone using that.

Worked for me and I'm about to hit 10 years no cigs.

pcr3

hey slim, my method for a while has been 3mg zyns, which are those tobacco-less nicotine pouches.  no one notices if i have one in, and they take away the cravings pretty quickly.  while i have certainly had some cigs over the last 9 months or so, i generally don't smoke anymore and only want to if i'm in particular situations.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

GBL

Quote from: pcr3 on October 26, 2022, 10:23:40 AMhey slim, my method for a while has been 3mg zyns, which are those tobacco-less nicotine pouches.  no one notices if i have one in, and they take away the cravings pretty quickly.  while i have certainly had some cigs over the last 9 months or so, i generally don't smoke anymore and only want to if i'm in particular situations.

aka with me high as fuck
If this is love, I'm never going home..

pcr3

Quote from: GBL on October 26, 2022, 01:24:29 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on October 26, 2022, 10:23:40 AMhey slim, my method for a while has been 3mg zyns, which are those tobacco-less nicotine pouches.  no one notices if i have one in, and they take away the cravings pretty quickly.  while i have certainly had some cigs over the last 9 months or so, i generally don't smoke anymore and only want to if i'm in particular situations.

aka with me high as fuck

right...that would be one of the few situations, though it sounds like that won't be the case going forward, which is good.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VA $l!m

i got all psyched up to start Chantix or w/e the generic is now, and then fucking medicaid decided not to cover it... idiots.
i guess i'm supposed to play their game now and "try" the other cheaper options- patch, etc.

annoyed though.  >:(