News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey/Fish/Dezron Trio in Denver

Started by sunrisevt, April 04, 2023, 12:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

A bad hat type scenario would certainly be a lot cooler.

Hicks

Quote from: mbw on April 05, 2023, 07:17:43 PMA bad hat type scenario would certainly be a lot cooler.

I know you've been sober for approximately 50 years now, but I gotta say, you seem kinda high.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 05, 2023, 09:00:51 AMRuss & Ray are playing as their duo Soule Monde in my town this Friday and I'm super pumped. Probably gonna need to call out of work Saturday.

Don't miss them. We saw them last year in Portsmouth at Jimmy's and they were awesome. Got spectacularly, once in a blue moon, drunk.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

GBL

aka you're only in Napa once in 2023 drunk

:wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Good lord....Got a pair for Sunday in the pre-sale for like $175.

Trying to decide if I should spend $500+ total for all three nights  :o
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 06, 2023, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 05, 2023, 09:00:51 AMRuss & Ray are playing as their duo Soule Monde in my town this Friday and I'm super pumped. Probably gonna need to call out of work Saturday.

Don't miss them. We saw them last year in Portsmouth at Jimmy's and they were awesome. Got spectacularly, once in a blue moon, drunk.

Yeah I used to see them every month at my local bar, like ten years ago when I was getting divorced.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 06, 2023, 09:02:13 PMGood lord....Got a pair for Sunday in the pre-sale for like $175.

Trying to decide if I should spend $500+ total for all three nights  :o

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Man... I hate to be this guy... but last night was not awesome, imo.

Trey sounded 'fine'. Fish is fantastic as always. Dezron holds it down.... but these new songs... yikes. I'm about as big of a Trey-fluffer as they come, but some of these pandemic tunes just aren't working for me.  Beyond that...  I missed the keys.  Trey isn't pulling enough weight these days to fill out the sound for a Trio. Sounded super thin in general.

Trey also had technical issues and literally said "I can't do this anymore" stopped playing, and ended the first set abruptly. Then they played that same song again to end the show. Weird.

Plasma jam was solid and I dig the groove to "I Never Left Home".  Other than that...

QuoteMISSION BALLROOM
Denver, CO
SET 1: Air Said to Me, ...And Flew Away, Where They'll Find Us [1], Steam, The Greater Good [2], I Never Left Home, Perseid [3]

SET 2: Sand, Halfway Home [4], Monsters[1], Oblivion[1], What's Done, Plasma, The Well[1], Back on the Train, Ether Edge[1], Perseid

ENCORE: Ghost [5]

[1] Debut.
[2] First public performance.
[3] Debut; unfinished due to technical issues.
[4] Trey Anastasio debut.
[5] Lyrics changed to mention Fish and Telluride.
Bring in the dude!

emay

Yeah I guess call me jaded but that was very meh. Dezron sounded a little muddy too but I was on Treys side like 15 rows back so might have been the spot. Never seen him get so annoyed and storm off like that during the technical issues. 

Buffalo Budd

These comments make me happy Ray Paczkowski is joining for the Classic TAB tour.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Listening back to the Saturday and Sunday and it sounds like it definitely got little better. 
The song selection is what gets me a lot of new dad rock quarantine tunes that sound very similar. Except for the composed one he did end of set 2 night one that sounded like TTE reprise. 

Buffalo Budd

I really hate dissin' Trey because I love where he's at and am so happy we get this renewed purpose from him and the band can still throw down better than anyone else out there (imo). The only thing is I honestly feel a lot of the tunes he has penned over the last 5-10 years I could have written myself but he has with cheesier lyrics. They just really fall flat. Loved Sigma Oasis though

Caravan2001

I haven't listened but most folks said Friday was trash and the other two shows were much better. 

mistercharlie

On a positive note... I think Dezron sounds great in the LP recordings. Really present and punchy. I hope we can start getting Mike that clear in the LP recordings!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

So Scott, did you give Trey half a grand or what?
Is this still Wombat?