News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Fall Tour 2023

Started by rowjimmy, June 27, 2023, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 28, 2023, 06:38:42 AMIt's fucked up - the "prices" are all the same. $105 for floors, $95 and down for seats. But the fees vary like crazy. Chicago fees are a full 20% on top of the price. It is beyond time to break up LiveNation/TM.

fucking Chicago.  there is a NASCAR race in the streets this weekend, but ticket prices were completely fucked.  taxes added like $200 to ticket prices.  :o 
you'd think with all these taxes we would have great schools and half the city wouldn't be falling apart.

Bobafett

It all started when Dave Matthews dumped his poop in the river
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

You know what makes me happy? Knowing that the next time Phish plays, I will be there!!! Less than one month away!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

Damn. That sure is a great feeling.
Bring in the dude!

susep

Damn, listening to last night.   :phish:  :beers:

mistercharlie

I went into last nights set blind this morning. I'll usually peak at the setlist first, but decided to just coffee n' wake n' bake n' go! Great show! That Melt is something else and the Cities -> SLlama is pure butter.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Last night's show is absolutely top shelf.

Caravan2001

Last night is decent too.  The Golden Age is fantastic and Cinnamon Girl is decent.  Saturday night was the show!

Also, can't believe how cheap tickets are for Dayton and Chicago.  Guessing Dayton will be $25 day of the shows and Chicago will be $50 or less for the 300s.  Love to see it.

rowjimmy

Sunday started a bit jukebox-y butt good songs. From Ghost on out it leveled up substantially.

PIE-GUY

Run was freaking great. Undersold bigger arenas are better than oversold small ones... at least as far as convenience. No lines. Go in a little early and get a good spot on the floor with no hassle and very little crowding at any point in the night. 

Sound was great on the floor. No idea how is sounded elsewhere. 

Shows were outstanding. Some of the new tunes were meh, but they made up for them 100% with some great jams and other tune selection. I would never have called Cinnamon Girl in a million years. I totally called the Buried Alive opener, though. 

Saturday night was 200 for me and it felt special in a lot of ways. Great to finally see a show with @natronzero for sure!! Happy @GBL made the last minute call to join, too. I know he enjoyed it. 

One last note... what in the ever living fuck happened to downtown Nashville?? I do not recognize it at all anymore. There were more girls on bachelorette party fiascos than there were phishheads out there. Fucking weird. 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

GBL

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 09, 2023, 11:24:37 PMHappy @GBL made the last minute call to join, too. I know he enjoyed it.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 09, 2023, 11:24:37 PMOne last note... what in the ever living fuck happened to downtown Nashville?? I do not recognize it at all anymore. There were more girls on bachelorette party fiascos than there were phishheads out there. Fucking weird.

Nashville sucks... expensive, fake, touristy bullshit
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

broadway sucks, but nashville was a killer host for 3 nights.  easy walking hotels all over the place.  cheap ubers, and plenty of opportunity to get out into the country quickly.  i could not believe how undersold the place was.  front row 300 level seats available everywhere.  plenty of room down low.  easy, easy, easy.

band is killing it.  every single song new and old has the possibility to transport you to outer space, and that's all we can ask for.  saturday was the best night.  that melt went to familiar melt insanity before climbing into incredible bliss jam territory.  that first set was damn near 90 minutes!

can't wait for this weekend.  don't play tweezer in ohio and let's drop a deep 2nd set egg in a hole at the UC!

WhatstheUse?

Haven't listened to a second of fall tour yet, but damn I'm always bummed to miss a Lifeboy.

Looks like you missed your Egg in a Hole as well Anthrax!
Bring in the dude!

anthrax