News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2023-07-12 - Orion Amphitheater, Huntsville, AL - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by anthrax, July 14, 2023, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

WEDNESDAY 07/12/2023
ORION AMPHITHEATER
Huntsville, AL
Soundcheck: Evolve (this soundcheck is incomplete)

SET 1: Plasma > Sigma Oasis > Wolfman's Brother, Evolve, Mull > Bouncing Around the Room, Stash, David Bowie

SET 2: A Wave of Hope -> Fuego -> Piper > Ether Edge[1], Mercury > Free

ENCORE: Alumni Blues[2] > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Run Like an Antelope

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Lyrics changed to "no PhD."

This show featured the Phish debut of Ether Edge. Trey teased Super Bad in Free. Trey changed the first Alumni's lyrics to "no PhD."

anthrax

i was hoping the strong opener didn't set us up for a 2nd night letdown.  i had a blast, but didn't dig this show as much as the first.  also, the heat and humidity kicked up into more typical Alabama levels.  (the weather was perfect the night before.)

i don't know if word got out or what, but there was definitely not as much space inside as there was the night before.

wolfman's was good.  2nd set was good.  setlist was meh.  are they going to play bust outs every encore this tour or was this special to alabama?

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on July 14, 2023, 02:07:11 PMare they going to play bust outs every encore this tour or was this special to alabama?

single Show of Life encore tonight in honor of our very own  :wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Quote from: GBL on July 14, 2023, 05:25:47 PM
Quote from: anthrax on July 14, 2023, 02:07:11 PMare they going to play bust outs every encore this tour or was this special to alabama?

Nope! I think it may be kang'd now.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

Quote from: Hicks on July 14, 2023, 11:15:52 PM
Quote from: GBL on July 14, 2023, 05:25:47 PM

Nope! I think it may be kang'd now.

definitely kang'd after 07/15
If this is love, I'm never going home..