News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

mondegreen, The Woodlands, Dover Delaware - August 2024!!!

Started by PIE-GUY, September 12, 2023, 11:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

$112/day for a music festival in 2024 is pretty reasonable.

Coachella is three days and $499 for the first tier and goes up from there.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on January 17, 2024, 03:02:08 AM$112/day for a music festival in 2024 is pretty reasonable.

Coachella also gives you full days with multiple artist sets.
Many I would not care to see but the fact remains.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 17, 2024, 05:20:29 AM
Quote from: Hicks on January 17, 2024, 03:02:08 AM$112/day for a music festival in 2024 is pretty reasonable.

Coachella also gives you full days with multiple artist sets.
Many I would not care to see but the fact remains.
Sure, but regular 2-set phish shows are $100 these days. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

i'm just razzing.  it's actually not that bad.  if you want to rent an RV, then yes, it's gonna get pricey.  RV's are super expensive to take anywhere.  but dirt-balling it with a car and a tent in general is a great way to see a ton of phish in one shot.  but i'm not 20 anymore.  honestly, the pre set up RV ticket seems like the way to go!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

I'm old and need a hotel. Honestly for lodging with air conditioning, tickets, shuttle service, and free breakfast to stock up food wise all for 940(plus fees) is not awful.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

^This is true and at 47 yo, I prefer chillin all day prior to raging an evening with Phish over not sleeping for 3 days.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Yeah there's a lot of hotel options but also need to look closely. Some are in Wilmington, that's 50 miles away. With a little traffic getting in to the site that's an hour drive each way - 8 hours spent in a shuttle for a 4 day festival sounds pretty bad too. Or getting there and realizing you left something at the room 2 hour round trip away. 

cactusfan

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

dollars aside, I have a feeling this is going to be the most epic Phish festival, arguably ever

over the past three years I've gone full-blown fanboy (as much as I'm able, anyway), and would not miss being at this festival with my favorite peoples for almost anything

2021 and on, I've completely, utterly, re-fallin in love with this Band

(maybe I'm still high from NYE?)

:wtu:

GBL

Quote from: mbw on September 13, 2023, 02:27:26 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 12, 2023, 12:04:10 PMis it a 4-night fest?  WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

Either that or:

Putting my money on death.  None of you old men are getting laid*

*Except birdman.  Birdman is getting laid.

Challenge Accepted!

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

Quote from: GBL on January 17, 2024, 01:10:43 PMdollars aside, I have a feeling this is going to be the most epic Phish festival, arguably ever

over the past three years I've gone full-blown fanboy (as much as I'm able, anyway), and would not miss being at this festival with my favorite peoples for almost anything

2021 and on, I've completely, utterly, re-fallin in love with this Band

(maybe I'm still high from NYE?)

:wtu:
I'm pretty stoked too. 
I have a feeling the art installations and secret set will be pretty wild. 

GBL

I just can't believe it's been 9 fucking years, and curveball still lingers in the back of my throat

which is why I think this fest is going to blow people the fuck away, because they fucking know