News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish @ The Sphere in Las Vegas 4/18-4/21 2024

Started by rowjimmy, November 30, 2023, 08:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2024, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on April 19, 2024, 11:49:08 AMis there a setlist thread?
We've been to lazy to do those for a few years now, I think. We usually stick to Post-Show Discussions now.
:o
what's the difference? (honest question)  :willynilly:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mistercharlie

Quote from: jedifunk on April 19, 2024, 12:49:27 PM
We've been to lazy to do those for a few years now, I think. We usually stick to Post-Show Discussions now.
Setlist threads were when we would drunkenly listen to streams and type to each other about the show as it went. They were always locked when the show ended.

The other we discuss shows after the fact.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2024, 01:10:20 PM
Setlist threads were when we would drunkenly listen to streams and type to each other about the show as it went. They were always locked when the show ended.

The other we discuss shows after the fact.

Drunk setlist threads used to be the shit tbh
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

Remember when setlist threads wouldn't count in your stats because people were posting hundreds of posts a night??  I member. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 19, 2024, 02:45:18 PMRemember when setlist threads wouldn't count in your stats because people were posting hundreds of posts a night??  I member.

excuse us for having fun.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2024, 02:54:03 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 19, 2024, 02:45:18 PMRemember when setlist threads wouldn't count in your stats because people were posting hundreds of posts a night??  I member.

excuse us for having fun.
'Member robo-sharts? I member!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Just finished up watching the first set. Pretty damned cool. Now it's down to the Batcave for a session and then on to Set two! Super excited to see what they do! Loved what They did in set 1.

One small gripe so far... I could do with less close-up shots of the band for the webcast. I've seen those dudes for 30+ years, I wanna see the venue for this run!

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2024, 07:04:45 PMOne small gripe so far... I could do with less close-up shots of the band for the webcast. I've seen those dudes for 30+ years, I wanna see the venue for this run!

This.

Just finished up.  Some of the visuals were absolutely incredible - Carini, Mike's, Lifeboy, Antelope to name a few.  Farmhouse stars and northern lights blew me away on the tv - i couldn't imagine what it was like there.  Some visuals not so much...Tweezer, I'm looking at you. 

Also, the Thursdays theme appeared to me to be Earth.

-this world, it turns
-trains
-leaves
-guns
-dirt
-people named Lucy, Pete, and Mike
-sand
-tweezers
-cars
-friends
-boys
-Rhode Island
-Deer Creek
-hills
-highways
-more cars
-farmhouses
-antelopes

Post show music was "Solid" (as a Rock)

Have we heard from anyone who went?  Are they alive??

mistercharlie

The Mike's -> Lifeboy -> Paug is what I was kinda hoping the whole thing would be. That was amazing. That and Farmhouse. I also really enjoyed the Carini visuals. The view from the top back center must have been insane!

The Wolfman's was like it was CK5 lights being 'sampled' all over the dome, which I thought was super cool.

mbw

Quote from: anthrax on April 19, 2024, 10:22:35 PMAlso, the Thursdays theme appeared to me to be Earth.

-this world, it turns
-trains
-leaves
-guns
-dirt
-sand
-tweezers
-cars
-friends
-boys
-Rhode Island
-Deer Creek
-hills
-highways
-more cars
-farmhouses
-antelopes

You trippin.

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on April 19, 2024, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2024, 07:04:45 PMOne small gripe so far... I could do with less close-up shots of the band for the webcast. I've seen those dudes for 30+ years, I wanna see the venue for this run!

This.

Just finished up.  Some of the visuals were absolutely incredible - Carini, Mike's, Lifeboy, Antelope to name a few.  Farmhouse stars and northern lights blew me away on the tv - i couldn't imagine what it was like there.  Some visuals not so much...Tweezer, I'm looking at you. 

Also, the Thursdays theme appeared to me to be Earth.

-this world, it turns
-trains
-leaves
-guns
-dirt
-sand
-tweezers
-cars
-friends
-boys
-Rhode Island
-Deer Creek
-hills
-highways
-more cars
-farmhouses
-antelopes

Post show music was "Solid" (as a Rock)

Have we heard from anyone who went?  Are they alive??

Pretty sure that Jeff is right here., kinda... The 4 Spheres of Earth Geosphere, Hydrosphere, Biosphere, Atmosphere

Night 1 = Geosphere (Dirt, rocks, earth)
Night 2 = Hydrosphere (water)

That leaves Biosphere (life and living things) and Atmosphere (air) for nights 3 and 4.

messengerbird

Like it was yesterday. And remember when Whatstheuse  had never seen Phish live!
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

mistercharlie

Quote from: messengerbird on April 20, 2024, 07:28:41 AM

Like it was yesterday. And remember when Whatstheuse  had never seen Phish live!
Yeah, and now the kid's seen more shows in the past 16 years than I have in the past 31!  :wtu:

mbw