News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish @ The Sphere in Las Vegas 4/18-4/21 2024

Started by rowjimmy, November 30, 2023, 08:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 20, 2024, 07:01:35 AM
Quote from: anthrax on April 19, 2024, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2024, 07:04:45 PMOne small gripe so far... I could do with less close-up shots of the band for the webcast. I've seen those dudes for 30+ years, I wanna see the venue for this run!

This.

Also, the Thursdays theme appeared to me to be Earth.

Post show music was "Solid" (as a Rock)

Have we heard from anyone who went?  Are they alive??

Pretty sure that Jeff is right here., kinda... The 4 Spheres of Earth Geosphere, Hydrosphere, Biosphere, Atmosphere

Night 1 = Geosphere (Dirt, rocks, earth)
Night 2 = Hydrosphere (water)

That leaves Biosphere (life and living things) and Atmosphere (air) for nights 3 and 4.

So last night was Atmosphere, leaving Biosphere for tonight! Bring on the animals and life songs! Some of them may Evolve!

I'd love some sort of nod to BioDome, too!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Almost everything about the Sphere is amazing. What is not amazing is the bathroom situation. If you are on the floor or in 100s there are a ton of bathrooms down in the main atrium, no issue. If you are in 200,300 or 400s, there is one bathroom at each end with 6 urinals. 12 pee spots for the entire section. The lines were insane. So weird for a modern day venue.

mbw

Superfreakie

Quote from: messengerbird on April 20, 2024, 07:28:41 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 19, 2024, 02:45:18 PMRemember when setlist threads wouldn't count in your stats because people were posting hundreds of posts a night??  I member.

Like it was yesterday. And remember when Whatstheuse  had never seen Phish live!

Whoa!!! Peep the lurker  ;)

Had to sus out this Sphere nonsense I see.  :) 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 21, 2024, 09:59:11 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 20, 2024, 07:01:35 AM
Quote from: anthrax on April 19, 2024, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2024, 07:04:45 PMOne small gripe so far... I could do with less close-up shots of the band for the webcast. I've seen those dudes for 30+ years, I wanna see the venue for this run!

This.

Also, the Thursdays theme appeared to me to be Earth.

Post show music was "Solid" (as a Rock)

Have we heard from anyone who went?  Are they alive??

Pretty sure that Jeff is right here., kinda... The 4 Spheres of Earth Geosphere, Hydrosphere, Biosphere, Atmosphere

Night 1 = Geosphere (Dirt, rocks, earth)
Night 2 = Hydrosphere (water)

That leaves Biosphere (life and living things) and Atmosphere (air) for nights 3 and 4.

So last night was Atmosphere, leaving Biosphere for tonight! Bring on the animals and life songs! Some of them may Evolve!

I'd love some sort of nod to BioDome, too!

No animals tonight yet.  Is it the stratosphere, man? Is it the ionosphere?

mistercharlie

Yeah. not what I was expecting for the Biosphere.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 23, 2024, 07:25:00 PM

I was talking to someone this weekend and they said "yeah I think they are going to do UFC there too", and I was like "Huh? Why would that be cool, some dude's bloody face in crazy 18K or whatever? No thanks."
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

rowjimmy

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 24, 2024, 08:07:13 AMHoly shit - this has me in tears!

people thought he was hacked.  guess not!

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 24, 2024, 11:39:53 AMDosed, not hacked.

wonder how that happened...

You cannot view this attachment.