News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 25, 2021, 03:36:37 PM
I know everyone has seen plenty of vids of twisters but this is nuts.
Check the 45 second mark.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2229843&jwsource=cl

That's amazing. Whoever shot that is both lucky and a fool.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 28, 2021, 08:43:15 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 25, 2021, 03:36:37 PM
I know everyone has seen plenty of vids of twisters but this is nuts.
Check the 45 second mark.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2229843&jwsource=cl

That's amazing. Whoever shot that is both lucky and a fool.

Precisely what I was thinking.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 28, 2021, 08:43:15 AM
Whoever shot that is both lucky and a fool.

There is worse combinations. Ive been doing alright so far. :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Back on topic, it is 113 in Portland right now.

The previous all time high was 112, which we set yesterday. 

Before that it was 108, which was set. . . 

You guessed it, on Saturday.   

Seriously fuck this shit. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

natronzero

Quote from: Hicks on June 28, 2021, 06:19:18 PM
Back on topic, it is 113 in Portland right now.

The previous all time high was 112, which we set yesterday. 

Before that it was 108, which was set. . . 

You guessed it, on Saturday.   

Seriously fuck this shit.

Meanwhile, Austin is having Portland weather...

ETA: I'm sure as shit not complaining, and I'm sure we'll get ours later. Stay safe and indoors y'all.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

rowjimmy

Hope you Portland folks have air conditioning...

sunrisevt

So... heat lightning's never really been a thing growing up  Vermont, but tonight I've seen shit worthy of my memories of high summer in the midWest, only the light's reflected off the hills & clouds, instead of filling half the sky & hitting the horizon -- it's something.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

emay

We've been in a smoke cloud for a week or maybe even longer. Worst air quality in the world for two days in a row apparently. Can't be outside for more than a couple hours without your throat burning and trouble breathing. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: emay on August 12, 2021, 01:32:52 PMWe've been in a smoke cloud for a week or maybe even longer. Worst air quality in the world for two days in a row apparently. Can't be outside for more than a couple hours without your throat burning and trouble breathing.

My dad has been saying something similar in the Okanagan Valley, BC.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Well, we got 11 inches of snow here mid-way between DC & Richmond,VA. You may have seen news about I-95 being shut down and people spending 20+ hours stuck in their cars?  That's here. We're lucky. Power is on, the only tree damage we suffered  fell in the neighbor's yard. My friend had some big limbs from his massive magnolia tree come down and one punctured his roof. Bright-side, it was over the kitchen and not the records. Lots of other friends are without power. Friends on aa farm nearby are. They're heating with the wood burning stove and melting snow to flush. So that's not great.

sunrisevt

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 04, 2022, 05:38:12 PMWell, we got 11 inches of snow here mid-way between DC & Richmond,VA. You may have seen news about I-95 being shut down and people spending 20+ hours stuck in their cars?  That's here. We're lucky. Power is on, the only tree damage we suffered  fell in the neighbor's yard. My friend had some big limbs from his massive magnolia tree come down and one punctured his roof. Bright-side, it was over the kitchen and not the records. Lots of other friends are without power. Friends on aa farm nearby are. They're heating with the wood burning stove and melting snow to flush. So that's not great.

Fuck, that's no good. Stay safe, brother.

Haven't had that much snow in VT yet this winter.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

QuoteWell, we got 11 inches of snow here mid-way between DC & Richmond,VA. You may have seen news about I-95 being shut down and people spending 20+ hours stuck in their cars?  That's here. We're lucky. Power is on, the only tree damage we suffered  fell in the neighbor's yard. My friend had some big limbs from his massive magnolia tree come down and one punctured his roof. Bright-side, it was over the kitchen and not the records. Lots of other friends are without power. Friends on aa farm nearby are. They're heating with the wood burning stove and melting snow to flush. So that's not great.

Yeah, prayers for those folks on I-95. A 40-50 mile stretch closed for 20 hours? I can't even imagine.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

That's what we're getting Friday so we extended our cabin stay at the ski hill for another couple nights. I'm guessing that sort of storm shuts down a city in your neck of the woods RJ. Happy to hear you weren't stranded on the interstate.

emay

damn, glad you're safe RJ. Friend's dad got stuck in that overnight traffic jam on 95, that honestly sounds like one of Dante's levels of hell. Hope everything gets cleared up soon.
Between the 5" of snow Denver got on 1/1 and the covid cancellations, DEN airport cancelled something like 3000 flights from 1/1-2. I somehow made it home on Saturday night, only an hour delayed. We are super lucky the snow came in since it was so dry and windy before; it spread some fires along the flatirons and burned up ~1000 homes  :'(   
We are suppose to get 3-5" of snow tonight during the Nuggets game so that will be fun to walk out to.