News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

10 degrees, -6 with the windchill... Glad I'm flying out friday for a few days break from this. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

PhishJY

I got the day off because of snow.  I have attached a pic taken off my back porch.  Thought you snow-accustomed northerners would appreciate the humor.

ETA: This is north Alabama.  We don't deal with snow.  And people here can't drive on it.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

PIE-GUY

Austin schools were delayed two hours today due to "threat of ice." It was 36 degrees with zero-point-zero precipitation. WTF?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Quote from: PhishJY on February 11, 2014, 10:56:47 AM
I got the day off because of snow.  I have attached a pic taken off my back porch.  Thought you snow-accustomed northerners would appreciate the humor.

ETA: This is north Alabama.  We don't deal with snow.  And people here can't drive on it.

If that were Atlanta, it would be mass hysteria. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

The view from my office window so far:

The day started off with slushy rain/sleet and is turning to snow. We are closing at noon today and, with any luck, will be closed tomorrow.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Around here (DC) folks are gearing up for a shutdown weather event Wednesday Night > Thursday.

We'll see.

Buffalo Budd

We have a foot and a half coming Thurs pm to Sat am.  Guaranteed that work will not be cancelled, not that I care, I'm off Friday anyway.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 11, 2014, 11:48:33 AM
Around here (DC) folks are gearing up for a shutdown weather event Wednesday Night > Thursday.

We'll see.

yeah, I'll be curious to see how much we actually get.  I've seen predictions ranging from 2- 14 inches here. 

emay

Quote from: antelope19 on February 11, 2014, 12:01:34 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 11, 2014, 11:48:33 AM

We'll see.

yeah, I'll be curious to see how much we actually get.  I've seen predictions ranging from 2- 14 inches here.

yeah m friend said they expect around 5 in balimore. but some reports are saying 8-12

justjezmund

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 11, 2014, 11:55:21 AM
We have a foot and a half coming Thurs pm to Sat am.  Guaranteed that work will not be cancelled, not that I care, I'm off Friday anyway.

same up here in allentown, and after I shovel myself out of my driveway ill have to shovel out the back dock at work to get our food delivery.  Can't fucking wait for that one.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sunrisevt

Quote from: PG on February 11, 2014, 10:58:55 AM
Austin schools were delayed two hours today due to "threat of ice." It was 36 degrees with zero-point-zero precipitation. WTF?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Even if temp drops and it rains, the ground isn't frozen, right? Zero chance of icing. WTF, indeed.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VDB

Freezing rain this AM and an icy layer already forming over everything. No office for me today. ("Working from home" though.)

Bad news is the roads are impassable and so I'm stuck at the house. Here's hoping the power and cable hold out.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

6-10 inches tomorrow? Why did we come home?!!?!?!?!?  :frustrated:

justjezmund

Quote from: antelope19 on March 02, 2014, 10:15:20 AM
6-10 inches tomorrow? Why did we come home?!!?!?!?!?  :frustrated:

to shovel my driveway duh. 

I expect it to be done promptly.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.