News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: antelope19 on December 20, 2010, 10:06:33 AM
:-o

Hope you're ok!

wowzers.

woke up to our first real snowfall today.
but that makes it seem like a sunny day.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

Buffalo Budd

Thankfully, that's a couple of hrs from where I live but it is pretty serious for those in that community.  I usually pass through the St. Stephen border every time I go to the US.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

I figured you were somewhat ok if you were posting to the paug.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

That is really lousy. Pardon the understatement.
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

Holy shit, that's terrible.   :-o
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

I spoke too soon.  The storm we're getting today and tomorrow is just flooding everything remotely near the ocean.  This is 10 mins from my place - http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=powerful_noreaster_sweeps_i_191210?ref=ccbox_homepage_topstories

19 foot waves hitting the coast with a massive storm surge.  Beside the lighthouse in the pic is a restaurant that we go to all the time.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 21, 2010, 12:55:48 PM
I spoke too soon.  The storm we're getting today and tomorrow is just flooding everything remotely near the ocean.  This is 10 mins from my place - http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=powerful_noreaster_sweeps_i_191210?ref=ccbox_homepage_topstories

19 foot waves hitting the coast with a massive storm surge.  Beside the lighthouse in the pic is a restaurant that we used to go to all the time.

FYP.   :|

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on December 21, 2010, 03:08:56 PM

19 foot waves hitting the coast with a massive storm surge.  Beside the lighthouse in the pic is a restaurant that we used to go to all the time.

:samurai:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Buffalo Budd

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on December 21, 2010, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on December 21, 2010, 03:08:56 PM

:samurai:

You wanna take this outside?

antelope19

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 21, 2010, 03:35:29 PM
True  :shakehead:

A similar(but not nearly as bad as that looks) thing happened to the downtown area of my hometown.  It'll take some time, but those businesses will recover.  That's what insurance is for. 

Buffalo Budd

From what I understand, this is an act of God and is not covered under most insurance policies.  Sewer backup, yes, storm surge, good luck.  We'll see what the province decides to do for the residents.

UncleEbinezer

We have well over a foot of snow and it is still coming down for a few more hours.  I got a text at noon today that my offices are closed tomorrow. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

susep