News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 26, 2011, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 26, 2011, 03:41:22 PM
I will lol so hard if it blows itself out over the ocean.

Actually the current course is to stay along the coast line, which is better because it won't be able to pick up any more power from the water. It's already been downgraded to a Category 1.

Yeah Cat1 with 100mph!  Isabel was less when it made landfall and made a mess.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Multibeast12

i can tell you, i love near albany NY and people are freaking out, every super market is packed and people are terrified. I hate to burst there bubble but where we live in NY it's just gonna be a wet weekend,

khalpin

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to pick up my kids from their grandparents, where they've been staying all week.  Meeting them at the MA/CT border and driving back to NJ. 

Now they're going to be evacuating parts of NYC and shutting down bridges.  Something tells me I'm going to be stuck in traffic trying to get home before this shit hits.

At least I stocked up on beer and ice for when I get back home.

Hicks

Quote from: Multibeast12 on August 26, 2011, 04:14:54 PM
i can tell you, i love near albany NY and people are freaking out, every super market is packed and people are terrified. I hate to burst there bubble but where we live in NY it's just gonna be a wet weekend,

LOL, yeah Albany isn't exactly on the coast. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

barnesy305

Man fucking Virginia is the damn Apocalypse state, we've had an earthquake, the fucking swamp is on fire and now a hurricane.

Gundo

Quote from: khalpin on August 26, 2011, 05:22:03 PM
At least I stocked up on beer and ice for when I get back home.
:clap:

shoreline99

Dude. The track runs right through my f'ing backyard. And probably Aug's new house too. We're fucked.

I anticipate driving a deuce-and-a-half for the next couple of days through several feet of water.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

birdman

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 26, 2011, 08:34:39 PM
Dude. The track runs right through my f'ing backyard. And probably Aug's new house too. We're fucked.

I anticipate driving a deuce-and-a-half for the next couple of days through several feet of water.
Stay safe bro. Hope nothing serious comes your way.

Personally, I'm not stocked up at all. Only 3 beers in the fridge.
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

People are already going nuts.
We had one large, dying tree in front of our house that we had taken down this AM (lucky)
Poor people in western MA had a tornado this spring, and the eye of this one.

Stay safe everyone. Aug and Shoreline - hope all is OK
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

UncleEbinezer

Still with power!   :banana:

rowjimmy

Waiting thing out and annoyed the CNN and TWC don't seem to give a shit about Virginia.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 27, 2011, 09:47:36 AM
Waiting thing out and annoyed the CNN and TWC don't seem to give a shit about Virginia.

I'd wait until afternoon.  Things went downhill within the last hour here.  Not bad, but considerably more wind and rain.  As the eye moves up, the reporters will move up.

I switched to the local stuff.

rowjimmy

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 27, 2011, 10:02:19 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 27, 2011, 09:47:36 AM

I'd wait until afternoon.  Things went downhill within the last hour here.  Not bad, but considerably more wind and rain.  As the eye moves up, the reporters will move up.

I switched to the local stuff.

Just watched a TWC report live from VABeach and there were tons of cars out and about and people running behind the reported. One dropped trou on camera and bare assed across the shot on live tv.

Poster Nutbag

That's pretty funny!! I lived in Rotterdam/Schenectady for about 30 years of my life, and I totally agree, that anyone with half-a-brain living in that area should know that it's just gonna be another shitty rainy couple of days, but no real hurricane to speak of.. LoL!!
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Multibeast12

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on August 27, 2011, 01:37:13 PM

That's pretty funny!! I lived in Rotterdam/Schenectady for about 30 years of my life, and I totally agree, that anyone with half-a-brain living in that area should know that it's just gonna be another shitty rainy couple of days, but no real hurricane to speak of.. LoL!!
Thats actually where i live, in Rotterdam. Yeah people are going nuts.