News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What was your first show supposed to be?

Started by August, March 11, 2006, 09:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

I was lucky, I didn't have anything better to do on that blistery night in Bozeman 1994-11-28.  Before that, all I had heard was the DWD video.  I did a lot of tape listening before making to my first show in the know at Creek in 96.  If I had to pick a date that I should have been at, I might say first night (I only made it to 8-13).  So, 8-12-96, I should have been there.

Set I: Ya Mar, Split Open and Melt, Esther, Chalkdust Torture, Weigh, It's Ice, Dog Faced Boy, Taste, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony, Suzy Greenberg
Set II: Timber, Sparkle, Simple, Prince Caspian, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Run Like An Antelope, Hello My Baby, Golgi Apparatus, Possum
Encore: Sample in a Jar

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

i should of seen the phish show in 83 before I was born  :roll:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hokker

I almost left my first my first Phish show before it started! But, I had a ticket and froze my ass off and was bound and determined to see one song and go. They came out and opened with divided sky(keep in mind I had never heard it and had only heard 5-2-92 set 2) I was amazed! the rain stopped and the clouds parted right over the ampitheater and then they launched into Harpua and told the story of Red Rocks. Needless to say I was hooked and stayed for the whole show. The next year I brought some Deadhead friends and told them if they didn't like it I would buy their tix. I never had to do that because they loved it!
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

birdman

My first show was more of an accident. WBCN in boston was holding their Rocktoberfest concert at the Boston Garden on 10/30/92. I went to see the Spin Doctors :roll:  I only stayed for phish because someone mentioned they were great to listen to while "high". Boy were they right!  Who was this crazy band utilizing trampolines, weird vocal jams, and...a vacuum cleaner. But the playing overshadowed the gimmicks and my love affair was born.
Paug FTMFW!

Gumbo72203

i remember wanting to go see the Grateful Dead at the Knickerbocker Arena when i was in first grade, im 20 now (sophmore in college) and was born in 86, so im thinking 92 or 93.  Me and my friend thought they were badass because they had a skeleton as their "leader", as i thought at the time.  Needless to say, neither of our parents let us go, and we both ended up becoming death metal heads, except me.  I found my way back home. 

as for Phish, i was offered free tickets "inside"  (not lawn) at SPAC 6/19 and 6/20 by this chick who was desperate for friends and my drug connections at the time.  Since i hadnt really ever listened to Phish, and definitely didnt want to hang out with this girl, i turned her down. 

Worst mistake of my life.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again