News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

im gonna have to play w/ that for a minute

but i think im confident in saying that thats a mod_rewrite error on their end, none of my rewrites involve the word "download" and nothing about the 'paug should be parsing links like that.  (if im reading you correctly, when you post the simple http link, it gets parsed into that "internet archive:" text?)

Internet Archive: Free Download: gd

ok, im seriously not sure whats going on there
-AD_

rowjimmy

Exactly...

This is a reasonably new development, though.

guyforget

yeah, thats real weird

it will require some thought as im not immediately aware of whats happening there

-AD_

guyforget

i think im gonna need some pot to wrap my head around this one

theres really nothing about the 'paug software that should parse a link like that

i could possibly see where it could accidentally reformat that link (though it would be bizarre and unexplainable without research) but i cant imagine where its getting that "Internet Archive: Free Download: gd" text from... 

nothing about my mod_rewrite stuff could interpret that from the link that you posted...  and theres nothing telling anything in our forum to go out and grab that and bring it back in place of a link. 
-AD_

rowjimmy

is it related to the autoembed stuff? There is a flash-based player on the destination.

guyforget

-AD_

guyforget

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 03, 2010, 02:51:57 PM
is it related to the autoembed stuff? There is a flash-based player on the destination.

great minds...

should be fixed
-AD_

rowjimmy

guyforget

so now the question...

would it be cool if i could make it embed that flash player from archive.org

it should be able to do it...  i just have to figure out what was reformatting that link, shouldnt be hard to find. 

-AD_

PIE-GUY

Quote from: guyforget on March 03, 2010, 03:20:22 PM
so now the question...

it should be able to do it...  i just have to figure out what was reformatting that link, shouldnt be hard to find.

That would be sweet!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

MiamiPhish

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

guyforget

-AD_

kellerb

Quote from: guyforget on March 03, 2010, 03:20:22 PM
so now the question...

That's only like 1.5 steps away from that iphone app...