News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Quote from: blatboom on May 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 18, 2009, 03:14:53 PM
Blatboom, i would check your system for viruses.
That 'code' you pasted did not come from this server.

At least, large chunks of it didn't.

I used the 'code' tag so that people do not click the suspect links...

well, I'm not the only one who has had the problem.  and it's happening on both my work computer and home laptop.

edit:  although not since Saturday I don't think...

2nd edit:  I know what you mean about the top spammy-looking stuff at the top, but what I pasted is probably 2% of the entire code that pops up, and if you look at what's at the bottom, it's definitely Paug code.
I've gotten it twice today here at work.  Got it yesterday at home.  And when I look at the code, it seems to have spam links in it every time.  Almost like banner ads, which this site doesn't have.

blatboom

Quote from: khalpin on May 18, 2009, 03:55:23 PM
Quote from: blatboom on May 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 18, 2009, 03:14:53 PM
Blatboom, i would check your system for viruses.
That 'code' you pasted did not come from this server.

At least, large chunks of it didn't.

I used the 'code' tag so that people do not click the suspect links...

well, I'm not the only one who has had the problem.  and it's happening on both my work computer and home laptop.

edit:  although not since Saturday I don't think...

2nd edit:  I know what you mean about the top spammy-looking stuff at the top, but what I pasted is probably 2% of the entire code that pops up, and if you look at what's at the bottom, it's definitely Paug code.
I've gotten it twice today here at work.  Got it yesterday at home.  And when I look at the code, it seems to have spam links in it every time.  Almost like banner ads, which this site doesn't have.

crazy.

whyweigh5.0

this sounds like you guys have some malware on your systems.  If it is happening to multiple people here, then perhaps someone infected with it spread it to others somehow through links or uploads here
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

blatboom

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on May 18, 2009, 03:59:10 PM
this sounds like you guys have some malware on your systems.  If it is happening to multiple people here, then perhaps someone infected with it spread it to others somehow through links or uploads here

any freeware programs I can run to check?

edit:  it just happened again  :oops:

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on May 18, 2009, 07:35:03 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 18, 2009, 07:29:46 PM
Oh no, it's happening to me now too! 

the avatars or the code?

heh, well obviously the avatar issue, but I just started getting the code thing too, although it seems to have stopped for the moment.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

Quote from: Hicks on May 18, 2009, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: blatboom on May 18, 2009, 07:35:03 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 18, 2009, 07:29:46 PM
Oh no, it's happening to me now too! 

the avatars or the code?

heh, well obviously the avatar issue, but I just started getting the code thing too, although it seems to have stopped for the moment.
The code thing seems to be pretty random.  Happens about once every 50 clicks or so.

Play_It_Leo

No lines of code, but now everybody's avatar seems to be missing. Man this is weird.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

blatboom

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on May 18, 2009, 08:37:00 PM
No lines of code, but now everybody's avatar seems to be missing.

I'm hotlinking mine now so the Avatar demon can't steal it.

rowjimmy

Clearly some maintenance is due.

Those of you who are getting the codepages, are you seeing the bizarre spam-like content in the code akin to what blatboom posted?

VA $l!m

all i know is blatboom stole jedi's old avatar.
weeeeiiirrrrdddd.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on May 18, 2009, 09:31:49 PM
weeeeiiirrrrdddd.

really?  shoot.

let's call it an homage.  it's just temporary until the Ghostbusters get here anyways

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on May 18, 2009, 09:31:49 PM
weeeeiiirrrrdddd.

Yeah. That's totally messing with me.

Bobafett

i've been thinking that was Jedi....my bad.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.