News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on December 14, 2010, 04:20:17 PM
and even if it does reset itself sometimes, there is no reason for me to not visit for 5-6 hours and then come back and it says that there are no new posts.  It says that even when there have been posts made withing minutes of me checking

I'm not the expert by any stretch, but I know it's only showing recent posts. On my Blackberry it's labeled as "Recent Unread Topics" and the topics listed will be the same as those when I use the link above.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

For me, the page titled "Recent unread topics" generally shows the threads with posts since the last time I was on the paug.  I think perhaps the "On the Paug" might be the factor that's changing everyone's views.  I don't know if the software thinks "on the paug" is just clicking on "recent unread topics" or actually viewing threads or what.  "recent unread topics" will allow threads to drop off if I don't view them, close the browser and go about my business, and then get back on a few minutes later.

guyforget

its something corrupt in your cookies or cache files, seems like ive been through this w/ another user back some time ago... 

but, nothing has changed @ the paug as far as software goes in a long time, if it worked for you last year, it should work now. 

as far as what each link does - they are exactly what they say that they are.  show unread posts since your last visit will show a list of all threads w/ posts made to them since the last time you clicked something here.  "last visit" is defined as "last time you clicked a link."  the "unread replies" link will show a list of all threads that you have posted to that have a new unread post in them.  if they dont function exactly like that for you, you may have a cookie or temp/cache corruption issue as well. 

my suggestions: log out of 'paug, delete 'paug cookies, cache files, temp files.  close browser.  open browser, check cookies / temp / cache to make sure that everything was really deleted.  if not, delete, repeat.  if so, close browser.  open browser.  come back to 'paug, log in. 

-AD_

rowjimmy

Or:

1 - Load paug index

2 - Click on boards that have this image:

3 - See list of threads.

4 - Click directly on this image to start at new posts for each updated thread.

5 - Finish thread.

6 - Repeat steps 4&5 until board section is completely read.

7 - Repeat steps 1-6 until paug is finished.

That should keep you busy for a while.

whyweigh5.0

didn't work.
I just got on here and it gave me this.  Says there are no unread topics at all, but there was like 3 pages worth
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 15, 2010, 08:38:35 AM
Or:

1 - Load paug index

3 - See list of threads.

5 - Finish thread.

Yep.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

Quote from: Hicks on December 15, 2010, 01:25:18 PM
Or:

1 - Load paug index

3 - See list of threads.

5 - Finish thread.

Yep.

how I roll.

ytowndan

Or:

1 - Load paug index

3 - See list of threads.

5 - Finish thread.

Step two isn't working for me all of the sudden.  I'll click on that image and it brings me to the right page, but there's no topics.  But if I go directly to that section, say "On Phish Tour" for example, there will be plenty of "new" threads.  Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me.

EDIT:  Hmm...now it's working.  Either whatever it was got fixed, or it's something weird on my end.  Sounds like it's on my end.  Any thoughts?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

UncleEbinezer

I just tried to click on the calendar and got this message.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred! Invalid year value.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mistercharlie

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on January 14, 2011, 04:27:26 PM

It's been that way all month. I hadn't said anything about it because I figured I was the only one who looked at it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

guyforget

-AD_

UncleEbinezer

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

There's a calendar?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Hicks on January 14, 2011, 05:58:43 PM

There's a calendar?

For real?  Its right at the top between My Messages and Media.