News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Show Listened To?

Started by August, April 06, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Quote from: mbw on April 15, 2016, 06:11:25 PM
Quote from: khalpin on April 15, 2016, 04:11:05 PM
Just finished Clifford Ball and really all of Summer '96 over the past few weeks.  It's really a shame the summer tour wasn't a little bit longer.  With all of those short festival and Santana opener sets in Europe, and I guess some Fall 95 hangover, they never really got their mojo working until the end.  But those last few shows from Deer Creek through the Clifford Ball were fantastic.  Then by Fall tour they were starting from scratch again.

hey, the alpine show is no slouch either.
I was thinking after I finished listening to it, that if there were a better source, I might have a different opinion of that show.  But it sounded so distant that it was tough to really get into.

mbw

Quote from: khalpin on April 15, 2016, 07:10:36 PM
Just finished Clifford Ball and really all of Summer '96 over the past few weeks.  It's really a shame the summer tour wasn't a little bit longer.  With all of those short festival and Santana opener sets in Europe, and I guess some Fall 95 hangover, they never really got their mojo working until the end.  But those last few shows from Deer Creek through the Clifford Ball were fantastic.  Then by Fall tour they were starting from scratch again.

I was thinking after I finished listening to it, that if there were a better source, I might have a different opinion of that show.  But it sounded so distant that it was tough to really get into.

not sure what source you have but this guys akg sources are usually heat:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=556620

khalpin

Quote from: mbw on April 15, 2016, 07:20:27 PM
Quote from: khalpin on April 15, 2016, 07:10:36 PM

not sure what source you have but this guys akg sources are usually heat:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=556620
Nope, don't have that one.  Thanks for the heads up.

Buffalo Budd

My 15th birthday, while I was having cake with the fam, the boys were throwin' down in NH.

:phish:

11-24-1991
Webster Hall, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH

Soundcheck: Memories, Destiny Unbound, Blues Jam
Set 1: The Sloth, Paul and Silas, Stash, The Squirming Coil, The Landlady > Fluffhead > Sparkle, It's Ice > I Didn't Know > David Bowie[1]
Set 2: Tube > Divided Sky, Cavern > The Mango Song > Chalk Dust Torture, Take the 'A' Train, You Enjoy Myself, Golgi Apparatus
Encore: Sweet Adeline[2], Rocky Top

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

A bunch of debuts off the upcoming Rift in this show and secret language instructions for the crowd on the tour opener make this a must listen. Reba & Rift are highlights for me. The Rift (albeit a slower version than typical) has a bunch of extra soloing from Trey, which sounds great.

03-06-1992
The Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH

Set 1: Rift[1], Cavern, Sparkle > It's Ice > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, Maze[2], Reba, All Things Reconsidered, David Bowie[3]
Set 2: My Friend, My Friend[2], Poor Heart, Secret Language Instructions[4], Stash, Mound[2], Llama, Bouncing Around the Room, NICU[2], Possum[5]
Encore: Sleeping Monkey[2]
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

John Cale in Paris - April 3, 2016

http://concert.arte.tv/fr/john-cale-and-guests-velvet-underground-nico

It's not the full show. The French cut The Gift and Lady's Godiva's Operation. Also: White Light / White Heat and European Son traded places for no apparent reason. Tons of errors too, showing the wrong musicians during other people's solos or vocals. They had seven weeks to get it right. Sound's not bad, though. Final verdict: fuck 'em.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

QuoteThe complete Get Yer Ya Ya's Out! in the right order, according to the setlist played on 1969 November 27 in New York City, Madison Square Garden:
1. 00:00 Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. 04:00 Carol
3. 08:00 Sympathy For The Devil
4. 14:40 Stray Cat Blues
5. 18:25 Love In Vain
6. 23:40 Prodigal Son
7. 27:25 You Gotta Move
8. 29:50 Under My Thumb - I'm Free
9. 36:10 Midnight Rambler
10.45:10 Live With Me
11.48:15 Little Queenie
12.52:45 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
13.58:15 Honky Tonk Women
14.1:01:45 Street Fighting Man
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

fastfingers12

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 08, 2016, 06:41:23 AM

QuoteThe complete Get Yer Ya Ya's Out! in the right order, according to the setlist played on 1969 November 27 in New York City, Madison Square Garden:
1. 00:00 Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. 04:00 Carol
3. 08:00 Sympathy For The Devil
4. 14:40 Stray Cat Blues
5. 18:25 Love In Vain
6. 23:40 Prodigal Son
7. 27:25 You Gotta Move
8. 29:50 Under My Thumb - I'm Free
9. 36:10 Midnight Rambler
10.45:10 Live With Me
11.48:15 Little Queenie
12.52:45 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
13.58:15 Honky Tonk Women
14.1:01:45 Street Fighting Man

Love this! I remember listening to this over and over when I was a little one.
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

mopper_smurf

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=586981

QuoteThe Claypool Lennon Delirium
2016-06-05
Tampa, FL
The Ritz

Schoeps MK4V > KC5 > CMC6 > Lunatec V3 @ 24/48 > Tascam DR100-MKII

Downsampled to 44.1/16bit in audacity

01) Intro / There's No Underwear in Space (P.A.)
02) Cricket and the Genie (Movement I, The Delirium)
03) Cricket and the Genie (Movement II, Oratorio Di Cricket)
04) Breath of a Salesman
05) The Monolith of Phobos
06) Up on the Roof
07) Ohmerica
08) Bubbles Burst
09) Mr. Wright
10) Boomerang Baby
11) Oxycontin Girl
12) Astronomy Domine
13) Captain Lariat
14) Tomorrow Never Knows
Encore:
15) Southbound Pachyderm

- Cosmic Highway tease before Captain Lariat
- Ol Diamondback Sturgeon tease during Tomorrow Never Knows
- Running the Gauntlet tease before Southbound Pachyderm

Thank you to Jimbo for taping and supplying me with the recording. All credit goes to him, i merely split it up and posted it on etree

Posted the Floyd cover just now:

http://werksman.blogspot.nl/2016/06/cover-me-astronomy-domine.html

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

QuoteThe Wood Brothers
Lantaren-Venster
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
2016-05-13

DPA ST2006C (DFC balcony rail, spread ~ 1 m) > Aerco MP-2 > Sony PCM-M10 (24/28)

01 Applause/Intro Music
02 Never and Always
03 I Got Loaded
04 Bass Intro >
05 Atlas >
06 Mary Anna
07 Tried and Tempted
08 Snake Eyes
09 Payday
10 Intros
11 American Heartache
12 Bass Intro >
13 Who the Devil
14 Applause/Banter (move to single mic)
15 The Muse
16 River of Sin
17 Wastin' My Mind
18 Singin' to Strangers
19 Postcards From Hell
20 Honey Jar
21 Encore Applause/Intros
22 [Encore] Piano Intro >
23 [Encore] Luckiest Man
24 [Encore] When I was Young

Chris Wood (bass and vocals)
Oliver Wood (guitar and vocals)
Jano Rix (drums, shuitar, keyboards and vocals)

Adobe Audition 3.0 (EQ, limiting of applause, normalization and fades), r8brain (conversion from 24/48 to 16/44.1), CD Wave (tracking), and Trader's Little Helper (flac and ffp).

Thanks to The Wood Brothers, Jennifer and Daniel (Emcee Artist Management) and Casper (Lantaren-Venster) for recording permissions.

Recorded, mastered, tracked and transferred by Aaron Isaacs (aaronji@live.com).

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=586911
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

The Claypool Lennon Delirium @ Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Manchester, TN - 2016/06/22.

Setlist:

QuoteCricket & the Genie (Movement I, The Delirium)
Cricket & the Genie (Movement II : Oratorio Di Cricket)
Breath of a Salesman Up on the Roof (The Les Claypool Frog Brigade cover)
Bubbles Burst
Mr. Wright
Boomerang Baby
Astronomy Domine (Pink Floyd cover) (>)
Captain Lariat (preceded by a verse of "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver)
Tomorrow Never Knows (The Beatles cover)
Southbound Pachyderm (Primus Cover)
Twitter | FB | Instagram

rowjimmy

Cool. I'm definitely gonna get to that later today.

Buffalo Budd

05/05/1993   
Palace Theatre, Albany, NY

Soundcheck: Give a Little Bit, Poor Heart Blues, Funky Bitch Blues, Brother
Set 1: Rift, Guelah Papyrus, Foam, Sparkle, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, It's Ice > Glide > Maze, Golgi Apparatus
Set 2: Runaway Jim -> My Friend, My Friend -> Manteca -> My Friend, My Friend, Poor Heart > Weigh > Big Ball Jam > Ya Mar, You Enjoy Myself -> Jam
Encore: Amazing Grace, Cavern > Take the 'A' Train > Cavern

Notes: It's Ice contained a tease of Pop Goes the Weasel from Page and Maze contained Mission: Impossible theme teases from Page. The beginning of My Friend featured Trey on acoustic guitar. Trey dedicated Ya Mar to Sue on her birthday. Ya Mar subsequently included a Two Princes tease. YEM contained a La Marseillaise tease from Page and Yield Not to Temptation teases, did not contain a vocal jam, and was unfinished. The jam after YEM featured The Aquarium Rescue Unit, the Dude of Life, and Fish on vacuum. Amazing Grace was performed without microphones. The soundcheck's Funky Bitch Blues contained a Funk #49 tease.

Buffalo Budd

Friday 08/13/1993   
Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
Soundcheck: Love Me Two Times, Jam, Ginseng Sullivan
Set 1: Lengthwise > Llama, Makisupa Policeman -> Foam, Stash, Ginseng Sullivan[1] > Fluffhead[2] > My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Horn > David Bowie[3]
Set 2: Buried Alive > Rift > Bathtub Gin -> Ya Mar, Mike's Song > Lifeboy, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Amazing Grace[4]
Encore: Highway to Hell

Nothing needs to be said about this show. :music:

khalpin

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 12, 2016, 11:28:55 AM

Nothing needs to be said about this show. :music:
But you went ahead and said it anyway.