News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Show Listened To?

Started by August, April 06, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

I just finished up  :phish: 08/10/97... Some of the best damned ear piss I've ever heard!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote:phish:
north charleston coliseum
north charleston, sc
1995-11-18

set 1

disc 1
Dinner and a Movie, Bouncing Around the Room, Reba, Lawn Boy, Punch You in the Eye,
Slave to the Traffic Light, Blue & Lonesome, Sample in a Jar

set 2

disc 2
AC/DC Bag, Sparkle, Free, I'm So Tired, You Enjoy Myself, Contact, BBFCFM > Acoustic Army >
BBFCFM, Cavern,

(tracked at end of set 1) E: Bill Bailey*

* with Page's father on vocals

source:  akg460b/ck61>b18>denon dtr80p, by chad clark and JK
transfer: DAT(1)>cd(1)>eac>cdwave>flac, by john m 2007-07-25

Solid show.  Forgot how killer Dinner and a Movie is especially as an opener, nice little rager.  Lawn Boy is sweet with Trey giving thanks to the Chairman of the Boards.  Pretty cool Slave in set one, Trey manic early on before the jam.  I'm So Tired is another great throwback from the previous Fall.  You Enjoy Myself is a barn burner.  One the best versions from '95.  Brick!  House!  Dah nah nah.     

Buffalo Budd

Akron Family
3-17-2009
Oriental Theater
Denver, CO

Untitled (last song from s/t album), River > The Alps and Their Orange Evergreen > Gravelly Mountains of The Moon > Lake Song > Jam > Ed Is a Portal > Creatures > Jam > Everyone Is Guilty, MBF, Sun Will Shine, Last Year, I Know You Rider, Crickets

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

natronzero

What a great show. I actually just jammed Meek Warrior, the AK half of the Angels of Light split, and Love is Simple yesterday for the first time in probably 2 years. Maybe I should hit up some old shows today.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: natronzero on December 06, 2022, 10:17:43 AMWhat a great show. I actually just jammed Meek Warrior, the AK half of the Angels of Light split, and Love is Simple yesterday for the first time in probably 2 years. Maybe I should hit up some old shows today.

There's a few SBDs on relisten that I'm going through today.  :music:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 06, 2022, 10:41:06 AM
Quote from: natronzero on December 06, 2022, 10:17:43 AMWhat a great show. I actually just jammed Meek Warrior, the AK half of the Angels of Light split, and Love is Simple yesterday for the first time in probably 2 years. Maybe I should hit up some old shows today.

There's some pretty banging AUDs on there that are worth your time. Not that I'm biased.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 08, 2022, 05:20:00 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 06, 2022, 10:41:06 AM

There's some pretty banging AUDs on there that are worth your time. Not that I'm biased.

I listened to a couple last night and today.
The sound was every bit as good (to my ears) as the 2 SBDs I heard.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

natronzero

I've been listening to the '93 shows from Colorado on their 30th anniversaries this week. Gunnison's the famous one of course, but they're all excellent, and the 3/12 show from Vail in particular is incredible. Tight as a drum, but silly and playful and just peak energy throughout.

QuotePHISH, FRIDAY 03/12/1993
DOBSON ARENA
Vail, CO   

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Sample in a Jar, Lifeboy, Blues Jam

SET 1: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Cavern > Possum, Guelah Papyrus[1], Rift, Stash, Fluffhead[2] > The Horse[3] > Silent in the Morning > David Bowie[4]   

SET 2: AC/DC Bag, My Friend, My Friend[5], Sparkle, You Enjoy Myself[6], Mound, Big Ball Jam, Chalk Dust Torture, Hold Your Head Up > Lengthwise > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus   

ENCORE: Sweet Adeline, Carolina, Rocky Top   
[1] Simpsons signal.
[2] Ending featured Trey on acoustic guitar.
[3] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[4] Random Note signal in intro.
[5] Beginning featured Trey on acoustic guitar.
[6] Beehive reference from Trey.

Guelah contained a Simpsons signal and a Lively Up Yourself tease from Mike. Trey dedicated Stash to "Mary." The ending of Fluffhead, all of The Horse, and the beginning of My Friend featured Trey on acoustic guitar. Bowie contained a Random Note signal in the intro, a Sailor's Hornpipe tease from Trey, and Dueling Banjos and Jeopardy! theme teases from Page. In an attempt to request AC/DC Bag at the start of the second set, roughly twenty people in front donned shopping bags on their heads with the word AC/DC written on them. My Friend contained Careful with That Axe, Eugene (Pink Floyd) quotes. YEM contained a beehive (from the alternate "Water Your Team In A Beehive I'm A-sent You" lyrics) reference from Trey and a Low Rider tease from Page. Mike quoted You Sexy Thing in the YEM vocal jam. The HYHU outro contained Lengthwise teases from Mike. Danny Boy was quoted before Carolina.
QuotePHISH, SATURDAY 03/13/1993
BALCH FIELDHOUSE, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
Boulder, CO   

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Halley's Comet (x2), Blues Jam, Owner of a Lonely Heart

SET 1: The Landlady, Funky Bitch, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Fee[1] > All Things Reconsidered, Split Open and Melt, Contact, Llama, Wilson[2] > Run Like an Antelope[2]   

SET 2: Suzy Greenberg > Tweezer, The Lizards, It's Ice > Glide, Uncle Pen, Big Ball Jam, Mike's Song[3] > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fast Enough for You, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Tweezer Reprise   

ENCORE: My Sweet One, Amazing Grace, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars   
[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[2] Simpsons signal.
[3] Mike mentioned Cilla's name in the intro.

Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. Mike teased Peace Frog in Split Open and Melt. Wilson and Antelope contained Simpsons signals. Mike dedicated Mike's Song to Cilla and mentioned her name in the intro. Weekapaug included My Girl teases. Fish wore a coat and tie for this show!
QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 03/14/1993
PAUL WRIGHT GYM, WESTERN STATE COLLEGE
Gunnison, CO   

Soundcheck: Halley's Comet, Tales of Brave Ulysses -> Sunshine of Your Love, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Lifeboy

SET 1: Loving Cup > Foam, Guelah Papyrus, Sparkle, Stash, Paul and Silas > Sample in a Jar, Reba[1], Punch You in the Eye > Runaway Jim   

SET 2: Halley's Comet > David Bowie, The Ballad of Curtis Loew > You Enjoy Myself -> Spooky Jam -> You Enjoy Myself, Lifeboy, Rift, Big Ball Jam, The Great Gig in the Sky[2] > Hold Your Head Up, The Squirming Coil   

ENCORE: Memories[3], Sweet Adeline[3], Golgi Apparatus   
[1] Cameron McKinney played Indian War Dance solo on piano prior to the whistling portion of Reba and later sang part of the final Reba chorus.
[2] Phish debut.
[3] Without microphones.

Trey shouted out to eight-year-old Cameron McKinney during Sparkle and at the end of Antelope. Cameron then played a brief version of Indian War Dance, an introductory piano lesson, on solo piano during Reba prior to the whistling segment and added vocals to the final Reba chorus. Page teased On Broadway after Indian War Dance. Mike teased Foam in Stash. This show marked the first Halley's Comet since August 17, 1989 (475 shows) and the first Ballad of Curtis Loew since October 30, 1990 (302 shows). YEM contained an Owner of a Lonely Heart jam and quote, and Low Rider and Oye Como Va jams. Mystery Achievement, We Will Rock You, and Welcome to the Machine were all part of the YEM vocal jam. The Spooky Jam included the song's first verse. The Great Gig in the Sky made its Phish debut at this show. Sweet Adeline and Memories were performed without microphones. In the soundcheck, Page teased Blue Monk after Sunshine of Your Love.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

anthrax

i didn't even think about the 30th anny of '93.  i used to love that gunnison 2nd set on tape and then cd-r, but i never got it digitally.  i can't believe it!  can anyone put up the 2nd set soundboard?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on March 14, 2023, 06:53:54 PMi didn't even think about the 30th anny of '93.  i used to love that gunnison 2nd set on tape and then cd-r, but i never got it digitally.  i can't believe it!  can anyone put up the 2nd set soundboard?

Yeah, that 2nd set kept me company on many a lonely night. I know it almost as well as I know the Bomb Factory 2nd set. Every weird moment of it.  Strange to say, but Gunnison includes my favorite versions of two songs: Curtis Loew and Lifeboy. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

GBL

Gunnison was always the example I went to for 'Machine Gun' Trey
If this is love, I'm never going home..