News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New thread for the Wikka Wiki Wikipaug.

Started by jephrey, April 14, 2006, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

ok, i got rid of the selection, it did some weird things with the cookies...  i left it on the black right now cause i actually see it the easiest, but we can fuck with that.  it also happens to match our banner real well :)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

ok, i just gotta chime in here and say how really excited and re-engergized i am about this project!!

i was just working on the Vs #5, and had to go to 3 different websites to get all the info i want to include... the DB for some info, phish dot net for some info...

can't wait till we've got all the info in one place!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Kinda away for the weekend but just perused the recent posts and checked out the wiki.  FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!  In a totally energetic, non-sarcastic way.  I for one love the black.  It's crisp.  Once you go black...

So I'll continue to check some of the anchor stuff out, as well as Jedi's recent page additions, and I'll try adding another of my own.

I am also totally energized.  I love the idea of all this info in one place.  You almost have to bring up mockingbird, setlists phish.net, phish.com if availiable, PT, and have your text handy so you don't miss anything (thank god for tabbed browsing eh?)

The sad thing is that I'll probably have more time at work to work on this than at home :roll:

I've got a seed to put up tonight and then I hope I can get to a few things to aid in some intelligent discussion from work tomorrow :-D

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Yeah, a couple things...  I re-did all the anchors on the setlists page.  One issue that was noted is interpage anchors.  Tet, I hope you hear back because the link doesn't view that {{anchor name="xxxx"}} as an html anchor and will not link to it.  I thought we could work around that...  For now, the issue is only in one place, but it'll be in all other kinds of places as well later on.  If interpage has to be html anchors, then same page might as well be because it really saves only a couple characters length.  The beauty of mediawiki is that you could use any "Heading" (anything that was bold by being enclosed in =) as an anchor, and actually the internal link could link to it. 

This little addition is OK, but it doesn't solve the problem.  If this solution doesn't work between pages, then we will have to go back to html anchors because an anchor may be referenced by somewhere earlier in the page, as well as from another page. 

To be safe, I reverted to the old version and have the new stuff over in Setlists2.  If you look, this feature (without inter-page) may only save us20 lines of code.  It may not be worth the hassle.

I'd also like to look into section editing.  I don't know if there's a little plug for it in the wikka, but when this gets big, we're going to be doing a LOT of scrolling. 

JF
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

ok, well, i'm outnumbered, but i still dont like the black...

from a design, and flow, standpoint, it doesnt work..  too distracting..
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Maybe the other 3 can add to this discussion.  I personally don't like it for editing because it's harder to see the insertion point, but I think the normal view is great.  Maybe we run through a bunch, trying a different one each week or something and then decide on one after trying a bunch?

Matters.

Jephrey

August

i personally dont mind the black.
i think it is much better than hot pink.

i can see how jedi doesnt like it, though.
a

groovy

Hey all...I've been out of town since thursday nite.  Thought I was going to have internet access but it was not to be.  A lot of discussion has been going on and I'm trying to get caught up on it. 
work less, dance more

sophist

i don't like the black for editing purposes, but when I enter to "surf" the site, I think it looks good.  can we change the background just for the editing? (stupid question, but I had to ask it)
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

no way to change it just for editing, unfortunately...  that would require serious code hack that i don't think i'm qualified to attempt...  but as you can see, we have more pressing issues, such as this not loading on IE.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sophist

thats what I figured tet, but I had to ask.  thanks for clearing that up.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

actually, in firefox I can see the cursor fine.  It was in safari that I was having the issue.  I really don't care...  I'm more for mediawiki anyway :wink:
J