News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #1

Started by jephrey, April 18, 2006, 02:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

definitely need to work on the setlists page layout..  figure a better way of doing each tour...  i also would prefer something besides commas between each date... i like the way phish.net does it with |
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

i also think we need to somehow address an expanded naming system... i mean, not everyone labels dates the same... some will come here and try to search using 10/6/00... under that system you'd never find anything.  it has to be 20001006... wish there was a way to add "keywords" to pages... that way doing a search for 10.6.00 would return something....
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

groovy

Quote from: jedifunk on April 18, 2006, 12:24:04 PM
ok, honestly, on the detail pages, do we need the numbers for each set?  i dont like that... just me?

If you mean before each song, then I agree.  It's not like we're listing track numbers.

Quote from: jedifunk on April 18, 2006, 12:27:19 PM
definitely need to work on the setlists page layout..  figure a better way of doing each tour...  i also would prefer something besides commas between each date... i like the way phish.net does it with |

The commas just don't work.  Besides using the | , i'm not sure what else would work though.
work less, dance more

groovy

Looks better withe the | Jedi.  But something still seems a little off with the layout. 

Spring Tour - 15 | 15a | 16 | 18 | 19 | 19a | 21 | 22 | 23

the Hypen between tours and dates just doesn't look right in the scheme of things.  Any other opinions?
work less, dance more

tet

why don't we use some of those fancy frame boxes for a tour?  i've seen so many nice layouts on wikipedia, we should try to copy some of those ideas
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

groovy

The Box idea sounds great actually.  Maybe the tours should be a different color from the dates.
work less, dance more

jephrey

Good ideas, throw it out there. 

At first, I started with just another line that gave the tours to link to instead of putting them in line with the dates in each month...  Mybe resurrect that idea?  Also, maybe instead of putting like the month and then each date, we could scrap the months and then make each link it's own like [[10/06]] [[10/07]] [[Whatever Tour]] [[11/28]]  etc...  Or maybe just group by tour instead of month?  I'll put some bs in a different year to look at.

As for the numbers on the setlist page, it's a good reference to how many songs were played in the set.  Even if not on a disc, they're still track numbers.  I am for them, but we can let the democratic process decide.  I think the initial idea is to allow someone who has a fileset to start their text file with a copy/paste of the details page.  but whatever.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

groovy

Quote from: jephrey on April 18, 2006, 01:10:49 PM

As for the numbers on the setlist page, it's a good reference to how many songs were played in the set.  Even if not on a disc, they're still track numbers.  I am for them, but we can let the democratic process decide.  I think the initial idea is to allow someone who has a fileset to start their text file with a copy/paste of the details page.  but whatever.

Hmmmm...you may have changed my mind.  The idea that somone may want to copy the fileset is a possibility.  Ok, I'm for the numbers. :-D
work less, dance more

jephrey

One more thing...  standardization on date.  We can't appease everyone so we have to go with something.  I think the way we have it is fine.  Look up "redirects".  It'll be an effort but we can redirect all other date formats, song abbreviations etc.

Oh, and what do you guys think of 1999 on the setlists page?  I'll be messing with borders and colors to make it look better.  If you want a sandbox, just do it under another year for yourself.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

groovy

I like the tour set-up under 1999.  Although we'll have to revert to months for the early years I would think.
work less, dance more

tet

i like it, but i think months make more sense in general...  i mean, are early september 2000 shows before the 21st considered summer tour?  because they certainly are in the summer, but the tour continues into fall...  same with the june 17/18/19/20 shows in 2004, those are spring tour dates that extend into the rest of the summer "tour". 

i know it's semantics, but months are easier to categorize and will create uniformity throughout.  i don't like the idea of having months for the first 10 years of the band, then switching to tours... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

i would agree...  how did we have it in the 1st wiki?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Like it was, by months...  We can do it in a table...  I'll adjust what I had there if you guys haven't done anything.

J

jedifunk

perhaps if the tour links were on the same line as the year (1999), or directly underneath, but before the horizontal line.. that might look good
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

eww, that looks worse!  i hate tables!

no borders, but colors would be ok...

i still like the idea of getting them next to or directly below the year date.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio