News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #2

Started by jephrey, April 20, 2006, 09:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

ok, well, i've finished with summer 2000 on the year page...

ps jeph, your not logged into the wiki
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I am now :-D

As far as event names that are not part of the venue like

The Late Show with David Letterman...  Is this cool?  I just put it before the template

http://week4paug.net/mediawiki/index.php/May_17%2C_2000
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

looks go to me fellas.  I know I've been slacking, but its that time of the semester for me.  So I'll pick up the slack once school ends.  I plan on doing some work on the project this weekend, I won't have any projects/tests/papers due, so I'll have some free time.

keep up the good work fellas.   :-)
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

2001 is what phish calls it i guess, and it is a cover of Deodata, covering TSZ.  since 2001 isn't a year we'll be using (unless we decide to add side-projects at some point), might as well go with it.  timber (jerry) is the correct name of the song, so leave that as is...  and i agree with the Chalkdust Reprise being the name of that one.  HYHU is an interesting question though, because it's more like a jam of the song rather than playing of the song.  no real way to notate it other than leaving it off the setlist and then adding it in the notes below.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

k... i'll take the HYHU out of the deer creek show..
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

mmm, not sure how much i'm actually digging the [ + ] thing... its not a very clean look IMO
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Let's use the infinity symbol  :wink:

Haha...  any ideas?

I'd also like to get the ("top") button on some sections further down.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

groovy

So I added 9-8 to the setlist code and when I went to save it, I got a "fatal error" message.  I double check what i had done and it the same message came up.  Anyone?

NEVERMIND, I figured it out :oops:
work less, dance more

jedifunk

ok, so, if we're gonna add the venue name to each setlist on the year pages, then i think it should go right next to the date, not below it... reason being, space and time... think of all the extra scrolling :roll:
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

also, i'd like to ask that everyone try to make sure that they are logged into the wiki when they are updating it... it will make it easier for all of us to address issues/corrections/etc if we know who to speak to.  just a thought.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I somehow got logged out again...  Hmmm.

As for the venue being there, that won't work.  I tried.  Because the date is a header and an anchor, it has to be by itself.  Really, we shouldn't have to scroll anyhow

everything between the === becomes the anchor, so we'll have really long anchors...  If that's ok, the let's do it...  Is that ok?

Open to ideas.

J

jedifunk

ehh, whatever... i guess since its really only 1 year, the scrolling wont actually be too bad... :|  cant win em all
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

and for the Tonight Show and such, do we want the venue & the show to be seperate?  cuz thats how it is now... i dont really think its necessary to have a page just for the tonight show... but there should be a details page for the show.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I think the event link should actually go to to the venue page in these cases...  For stuff like Lemonwheel and Went, we want to link to the event, and the venue both and that's what I was thinking when I did that...  So maybe it should be changed so that the event links to the venue....  Or maybe in cases like this, it should be all one name...  But I like it seperate...  Anyone else got an opinion?  Keep it to yourself :wink:

Let us know.

J

jedifunk

ok, so for venue names, are we going to use the corporate BS names, or can we use the real venue names like lakewood amp, great woods, the knickerbocker, etc??
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio