News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #3

Started by jephrey, April 25, 2006, 10:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

...slightly updated stats.  Any better/worse?
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

i like, but they don't display great on my small 12" iBook screen.  stuff is cut off on the side...  i have a side-scrolling mouse though, so not a big issue.  looks good other than that, and i like it on my bigger screen.

in case anyone didn't catch the thread in the Server Team forum, i'm heading off to Africa (South Africa, Botswana, and Zambia) for the next 2 weeks, won't be back till May 16th (and will be out of commission for quite some time after that).  So, if anything comes up, just email guyforget@week4paug.net .  you can email me:  tethead@mac.com - i should be able to check my internet every couple of days there, but won't be able to do much beyond that. 

see ya guys on the flipside -- i expect you to be nearly done with the project by then!!   :-o :-o :-D
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

sophist

2 weeks ->done with the project, fuck that.  We are going to cruise around in the wiki jet and have a grand ole party for 2 weeks.  Hope your trip is well, cause this place is gonna get trashed!
Time to crank up the G n R and smoke some cat piss
http://www.thoughtspam.com/cloudy/
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

better watch out phan, I can ban yer ass from my Treo ;)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sophist

hehehe, enjoy your trip tet! 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

so whats the status of the project?  Are we taking a break, or shall we push forward while Tet is gone?  What needs to be done?

jedifunk

havent had much time to do wiki work... but i think there are some fundamental questions that need to be answered before we go much farther
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

ok, i too admit I've been backed up with work.  Thanks for the update.

jephrey

As far as fundamental questions, what? 

IMO, the fundamental question is..

How much work do WE do before letting everyone in to contribute.  And when we do, how do we ensure that they do it right? 
-  My answer is this...  We forge ahead with other creations (the song page, the tour page, the main page, and a couple others that we think of along the way)  We don't do another year or anything, just so we get a few of each type of page.  We polish and refine each one (which may be a tedious process).  We have to work on getting the formatting just right.  I know it's hard at this point, I go home to a 23" monitor and do some work there, but I'm usually on a 12" laptop at work, so I suppose I get a good look at either.  If any of you only have 1 monitor that you're working with, formatting can be a bitch.

-  Part 2, we create a "How to" on how to enter a setlist, a song, a year, a tour, upload an image, etc.  We also make a how-to page for "lite" contributors that will post pictures, source reviews, and show reviews, etc to the discussion portion of each page.  This is necessary!

-  Alternate, or in addition, we should try to grab 1 or 2 more people.  I always liked the idea of adding people over time and after getting 10/15, letting word spread naturally.  That's just how I feel about it.

As was with the "old" wiki, we weren't in any rush.  Things come up.  But we do want to continue to make progress and it's tough when all we're doing is dumping in data.  This is supposed to be the fun part.  I think we should each choose a song (original) and make a page.  Look at each others' for ideas, and at the end discuss which one we like best and go with it.  Same for other pages.  So if you are looking for something to do, start a song page, or a tour page, or upload a ticket stub (if you have one of your own, we want to try and use our own before going to PT to get them).  Let's also finish making the details pages for some of the setlists.  We should get 2000 fully loaded before trying anything else.  Maybe make the Timeline page or a Band member page, or maybe discuss what we want our top page to look like (I want it to have a cool pic, links to How to pages and to week4paug, and then below have what is on the setlists page and get rid of the setlists page).  Also, just thought of a Links page that could have links to all known Phish related websites...  Since this is wide open, you should be able to make your personal page too.  So when someone looks for Jephrey, it'll have my info, my list, whatever else I want.  That'd be cool.  No special formatting there.

Udder den nat, I don't know.  I should get some time in the next couple weeks to start hitting a little harder.  I'm trying to get my stuff on disc so I don't lose it all if my HD crashes.  I've had it for a long time and am getting nervous...

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

sounds great jeph!  i think for stubs we should also strive to upload mail orders before using tickemaster stubs.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

alright, sounds like a plan 2 me

jephrey

absolutely on the real stubs.  So let everyone know when "you" get anything started.  Even if each of us doesn't do our own rendition of a page, we all can at least be providing input to the person who does. 

I suggested before that I would be the one to make the How-To page...  I do think, however, that we need to set in stone where the link to each year is and stuff, so that the how-to can be correct.  So first thing is to complete the layout and a few other pages, then I'll start working on the how-to.  Maybe I'll do a little with the top page.

J

jephrey

What?  Did you guys find something better to do?  Maybe it's time to grab one more person to fuel some motivation...  I did a little work on the song page...  It'll be a lot of work, but I think it's starting off good.  You'll notice that First tube is not red!

http://wiki.week4paug.net/index.php/First_Tube

What do you guys think?

J

August

i like it.
look good!

btw, is groovy still around here?
havent see him post in a bit...
a