News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ask August

Started by August, April 28, 2006, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Quote from: caravan2001 on June 04, 2006, 06:27:59 PM
August:

Which is the best knock to use in hotels while on tour:  The Sanity Knock or the Frankenstein Knock? 
Are there other tour friendly knocks I should be aware of?  Thanks

definitely the sanity knock, but the fast version of sanity.
the frankenstein usually (9/10) makes me hide all my shit.
one time, my buddy did the maze knock and i lost it.
i had one of the backpack tanks on the floor and was forced to throw it out the window.
there were also about five "assorted" powdery substances on top of the TV that were shoved in my face and a ten strip that went directly up my butt.
i was freaking out for the next 3 days.
when i looked through the peephole and saw it was my buddy FrenchFry, i was not relieved.
he is the guy that i gave the neckbreaker to in the picture thread.
also, the tank i threw out the window went through the rear window of my Mazda.

the wipeout knock is always a fun time!

Glad to help-
August

Caravan2001

better than a ten pack up the butt....haha.....Thanks for the reply

sophist

Dear Aug,
what is the greatest comedy movie of all time and why?

-phan
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

Quote from: phan003 on June 06, 2006, 07:31:07 PM
Dear Aug,
what is the greatest comedy movie of all time and why?

-phan

Fatal Instinct.
Why?
Because it contains the greatest line of all time......
"YOU! Finish your coffee and get out!"

Glad to help-
August

sophist

:mrgreen:  :banana:

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

xanadux3

everyone knows the best movie in the world is the Big Lebowski HANDS DOWN
....Thats just like your opinion man
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

August

Quote from: birdman on June 04, 2006, 06:33:48 PM
Hey Aug.
   What did Trey do to end up in the penalty box as shown in Caravans avatar? hooking? Slashing?Excessive noodling? 10  min major for destroying Glide at Coventry?
Brad told him that if he quit jabbering away for ten minutes, that he would give him another 8-ball.
He couldnt do it.

Glad to Help-
August

jephrey

Quoteeveryone knows the best movie in the world is the Big Lebowski HANDS DOWN

You are absolutely right, but this is about comedy.  The Big L is certainly not that.  It's uncategorizable, but possibly the most important movie of our time.

To be considedered a comedy, I would call aug "out of his element".  But he didn't so I'd consider aug 100% correct on the Fatal Instinct call.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

August

Fatal Instinct wins!
a

fauxpaxfauxreal

Obviously, Mr. August is not a golfer.

sophist

well no shit, he packs cid up the butt  :wink:

xanadux3

i dunno jephery I know Lebowski backwards and forwards and everytime I think about it talk about it or quote it I cant help but crack up
what in gods holy name are you blathering about??

fauxpaxfauxreal

His point is deadly serious.  The Story of the Dude is Epic.  It is unlike any comedy I have seen.  While parts are hilarious, it is a serious story of one mans overcoming insurmountable odds.  It is a drama.  It is serious.

xanadux3

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 07, 2006, 10:36:17 PM

His point is deadly serious.  The Story of the Dude is Epic.  It is unlike any comedy I have seen.  While parts are hilarious, it is a serious story of one mans overcoming insurmountable odds.  It is a drama.  It is serious.

I hope that one man isnt the dude because he gets totally screwed in that movie: his friend dies, he has pee stains on his rug, his apartment gets completely ransacked and they finally killed his fuckin car... He didnt even get the twenty grand he earned fosr tossing the ringer for a ringer!

fauxpaxfauxreal

And through all of this...the Dude abides!