News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

My views on the community

Started by DoW, May 05, 2006, 07:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

YES, wouldnt that be the shit!  a week4paug dance party in the funk trench of deer creek!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

birdman

Quote from: jedifunk on May 05, 2006, 09:10:09 PM
YES, wouldnt that be the shit!  a week4paug dance party in the funk trench of deer creek!
-birdman quickly reserves two open ended tickets to Indianapolis....- See ya there
Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

i'm gonna go purchase a disco bus right now!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

birdman

Ill bring the boom box and all my ODB CDs
Paug FTMFW!

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

could you really imagine the four of us on tour?!

who would we eat first?
a

jedifunk

mmmm, i love grilled lot trash
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

birdman

:-D :-D :-D
Kind Veggie lot trash that is. 3 for 5.
Paug FTMFW!

August

jedifunk

1 for 3
2 for 5

or

what the fuck its only a buck (maybe my favorite tagline)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

gimmetela

Quote from: august on May 05, 2006, 09:26:34 PM
could you really imagine the four of us on tour?!

who would we eat first?
a

could i be a fly in the car? :evil: :wink:

gimmetela

Seriously, I did my fair share of work on the lot.  I made my money, I bought my tix...I partied.

"creepazoid?"  Slim, I doubt it seriously that you are one.  (are you talking about my "wastoid?"--classic dee word--strange vernacular...)  The people I was referencing prolly haven't found their way to the 'paug.  You know the ones, you feel them coming from about 10 feet away...they never went into the shows, usually had something shitty to say, and were scheming on how to rip you off...

VA $l!m

Quote from: gimmetela on May 06, 2006, 11:56:08 AM
Seriously, I did my fair share of work on the lot.  I made my money, I bought my tix...I partied.

"creepazoid?"  Slim, I doubt it seriously that you are one.  (are you talking about my "wastoid?"--classic dee word--strange vernacular...)  The people I was referencing prolly haven't found their way to the 'paug.  You know the ones, you feel them coming from about 10 feet away...they never went into the shows, usually had something shitty to say, and were scheming on how to rip you off...

no, not you...
"creepazoid" was the term faux paux used.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on May 05, 2006, 06:56:01 PM
seriously, -seriously though, the thing about "the lot got shady" or whatever-- or the "creepazoids" (-wow , where did that word come from?) hanging onto tour...

i just think some of ya'll are acting holier than thou about the whole thing...

i'll leave it at that, but i dunno...

Well, I never swung drugs at phish shows.  I never got that grimy.   Or any of that.

And I'm not trying to be holier than thou.

But, there was a definite grimy element to the scene gaining momentum beginning in Fall 95.  Sure elements of it were there....but I encountered my first "spangers" my first full time drug dealers and my first experience seeing people hanging out in the parking lot without any intention of even going to the show during Fall 95.  Fall 96 I experienced my first "shakedown"... and Fall 1997 was the first time I found myself completely disgusted with the behavior of some of my fellow fans. 

When I first saw Phish, the parking lot was a lot of fun...kind of like tailgating at a ball game.  People throwing frisbees...music blaring...people grilling...just good times.  I would have felt completely fine bringing a young child into that environment...by the end....I began to fear for my safety (at times), much less the safety of any young children that might have possibly were around.

And maybe it's judgemental...but I kind of think about life like this...if you aren't someone that I would feel comfortable with living in my neighborhood...I might consider you a creepazoid.  I'd say on the average my phish shows were rather positive experiences, but yes, a lot of the fans WERE creeps.  And the creeps definitely bring the experience down (imo).

That's it.

And yes, I'm not making judgements on anyone here.  I'm surprised at how many people here did "work" in the lot, however.  Even though I was very custy like (dressed pretty normally...brought money from home...etc.), I tried my hardest not to support the parking lot drug trade as I found it to be one of the things that I found distasteful about phish shows.  I did on the other hand fully support the juice and food trades.... I also normally brought my alcohol with me.

Anyone who has witnessed an assault, dog abuse, theft, etc on tour know that there are definitely some creepazoids.

Not to mention the people that bang some H only to wake up dead on the floor of their hotie.

gimmetela

no drugs here, bumper stickers, jewlery, and handmade dresses... :wink: