News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Derek Trucks Band Thread

Started by susep, May 10, 2006, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Is derek trying to grow a beard? that's worse than my attempt.

sls.stormyrider

horn players (assuming the guys on the cd are the same guys on tour) - Kebbi Williams – Saxophone, Maurice Brown – Trumpet, Saunders Sermons – Trombone

Quote from: kellerb on June 17, 2011, 11:28:18 PM
Is derek trying to grow a beard? that's worse than my attempt.
Stanley Cup playoff beard - probably hasn't had time to shave yet
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

vids

Midnight In Harlem

Anyday

Manic Depression

Love Has Something Else To Say

Just Kissed My Baby

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Bummer.

The deets:

QuoteOteil Burbridge Departs Tedeschi Trucks Band Immediately

Bassist Oteil Burbridge has always had his hands in lots of different projects over the years and apparently it's time for him to cut back. Oteil had decided to stop touring with the Tedeschi Trucks Band starting immediately as the band has announced three replacements.

The bassist penned a letter that was posted on the group's Facebook page...

"After 25 years of intensive touring, I have come to the very difficult decision that I must cut my yearly tour schedule back and will not be able to continue to tour with TTB. This much needed break from heavy touring will allow me to recoup, recharge and address my main priority in life right now, which is to start a family. I have deep love and respect for every member of this band and the music that we have made together, and I'm proud of our many accomplishments over the last three years. I certainly hope that we have music left to make together in the future."

The band will continue on with three different bassists filling Burbridge's impossible-to-fill shoes over the next few months. Here's the TTB's statement...

"We are sad to see our brother Oteil leave TTB but we want what is best for every member of our family, and we respect Oteil's decision to make a change. We've had many amazing shows and sessions with him over the years, documented by two albums we're very proud of. We wish Oteil the best and look forward to the next time we can share the stage.

We have reached out to our extended family of musicians and confirmed three great bass players for the fall. Ted Pecchio will play on the shows Oct 18-20. Dave Monsey Oct 27 – Nov 3. And George Porter Jr Nov 27 – Dec 2."

If anyone one deserves some time to himself, it's the incredibly hard working Oteil.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

that's too bad. Oteil is amazing. obviously, he needs to take care of his personal priorities.
Hope he doesn't leave ABB too.

I'm going 11-27. I'll miss Oteil, but won't complain about George Porter

gah

Yeah, that's a shame about Oteil, but it's a really great reason to be taking a break.

I'm getting really stoked to see them next week. Found this cool little clip of the making of Revelator:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

susep

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 05, 2012, 06:09:49 PM

Bummer.

The deets:

QuoteOteil Burbridge Departs Tedeschi Trucks Band Immediately

Bassist Oteil Burbridge has always had his hands in lots of different projects over the years and apparently it's time for him to cut back. Oteil had decided to stop touring with the Tedeschi Trucks Band starting immediately as the band has announced three replacements.

The bassist penned a letter that was posted on the group's Facebook page...

"After 25 years of intensive touring, I have come to the very difficult decision that I must cut my yearly tour schedule back and will not be able to continue to tour with TTB. This much needed break from heavy touring will allow me to recoup, recharge and address my main priority in life right now, which is to start a family. I have deep love and respect for every member of this band and the music that we have made together, and I'm proud of our many accomplishments over the last three years. I certainly hope that we have music left to make together in the future."

The band will continue on with three different bassists filling Burbridge's impossible-to-fill shoes over the next few months. Here's the TTB's statement...

"We are sad to see our brother Oteil leave TTB but we want what is best for every member of our family, and we respect Oteil's decision to make a change. We've had many amazing shows and sessions with him over the years, documented by two albums we're very proud of. We wish Oteil the best and look forward to the next time we can share the stage.

We have reached out to our extended family of musicians and confirmed three great bass players for the fall. Ted Pecchio will play on the shows Oct 18-20. Dave Monsey Oct 27 – Nov 3. And George Porter Jr Nov 27 – Dec 2."

If anyone one deserves some time to himself, it's the incredibly hard working Oteil.

wow.  mehead and I were chillin' in Gritty's pre-show at last weeks TTB show when mehead spotted Oteil sitting directly behind us.  cool to see him up close, we didn't talk to him however it certainly made the night that much more interesting.  as soon as he walked in Betty's were swarming around his group.  I did over him say he was married and made reference to his wife.  He's actually a small dude, now I know why his bass looks so big, he's not that big a dude.  on stage he was set up stage right next to his brother Kofi.  Oteil was feeling it all night, deep into his grooves. 

susep

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0xtbg4 - ttb2012-09-27 State Theatre Portland ME.mp3 (277.69MB)

Tedeschi Trucks Band
2012-09-27
State Theatre
Portland, ME

Source:   AT4050ST > Busman Tmod R4
Setup:    Mid/Side>XY127, back under the balcony
xfer:     R4 > audacity > reaper > cdwav > flac
taped by: Liz Bouchard
xferd by: Joe Bouchard (SmokinJoe)

01 Wah-Wah
02 Don't Let me Slide
03 Rollin' And Tumblin'
04 I know
05 Don't Drift Away
06 Love Has Something Else To Say
07 Shelter Me
08 The Sky Is Cryin' >
09 jazz >
10 Nobody's Free
01 jam >
02 Midnight In Harlem
03 That Did It
04 band intros >
05 Old Time Lovin'
06 Uptight (Everything's Alright)
07 jazz > drums >
08 Get What You Deserve
09 crowd
10 Angel From Montgomery *
11 Bound For Glory

* with Sugaree tease

http://db.etree.org/shn/122256

PIE-GUY

Smokin' cross-post. This is the stuff I dream about.

sls.stormyrider

They were hot last time I saw them. I love Oteil but wouldn't complain if George makes this a long term gig.

PIE-GUY

sls.stormyrider

birdman

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 22, 2016, 11:58:32 AM
Sweet bump!

Derek is on WTFPod today!

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-770-derek-trucks
Listened to this in the truck today. You can hear the surprise in Derek's voice as Maron brings up obscure blues legends from way back. Good stuff
Paug FTMFW!