News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

How Important is Sound Lineage / source info?

Started by xanadux3, June 08, 2006, 09:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Haha...  wikiproject gets phishies....  I guess global mod trumps that.  I have an idea, give jedi the SYFs  :wink: :roll:

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: jephrey on June 09, 2006, 12:06:02 AM
As far as EAC goes, I've heard a few "NEVER be the same as the original" comments.  Has anyone looked into this?  Like verified or tried to verify some EAC'd files with checksums from the db?  Are we sure it NEVER works, or if it does work some of the time, what kind of chance do I have, and can I try a couple times with one file or will the EAC results be the same for a track every single time?

:frustrated:

I wish I knew.

Jephrey

I tried it a couple of times for shows that were given to me on CD - they didn't match when I tried converting back to shn or FLAC after EAC.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jephrey

Thanks for sharing that slslbs, I was thinking of trying the same thing myself to check.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.