News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Videos in Circulation

Started by jephrey, June 28, 2006, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

My current list is reflected on the vids page, which has been updated, along with some info on a few shows. I think that any info we have on the show should be added, a few (especially the new ones) will have lots of details, but we can trim the fat a bit. For me Tripod, Handheld, Aud or Proshot, multicam etc info is nice to have and since we are going for the more the merrier when it comes to info here, I say why not?
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Marmar

ok....so...ummm......DO NOT share this link outside this thread......last thing I'd need is for KS to see I have a vid list.....heh.....

http://db.etree.org/IT

Umm.....the only thing is I haven't updated it in a bit, and I dunno how we should deal with the vids I remastered......since they do contain LP audio......though, they aren't really in circ cuz I haven't shared them.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jephrey

Hmmm.  I suppose that videos in circulation should contain even the illegal stuff.  We're not saying where to get it, we're just noting that it's out there.  However, if it's your personal stash and it hasn't "made the rounds" then it shouldn't be on the list.  I don't know.  Any other thoughts?  It's an iffy situation.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Marmar

The only difference between what is "out there" and what's in my stash is the remastering of the audio into 24/48 5.1DTS and DD......ask tet ;)

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

jephrey

Then, IMO, what's in your list should stay there, and what's "out there" should be on the wiki list.  But that's just my opinion.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

disco

I agree, the list should contain everything, because we are simply compiling of a list of videos, not offering them or even saying we have them. And to be honest aren't all of these videos "illegal" since Phish has never allowed phan video taping (to my knowledge anyway) Does the adding of LP sbd's make them that much more illegal? I guess that's up to the people at LP.

www.week4paug.net

Marmar

I can speak from the inside on this....

Yes...it makes a HUGE difference.......the fan created stuff using fan vid/audio kinda flies under the radar......as soon as it involves official stuff though......just ask anyone who's gotten an email from KS about this.....

disco

we can leave off the fan-altered tapes that include LP, or include the vid on the list, but leave out the commetns about it containing LP sbd's, whatever, I can't see how we could get shit for having a list of something, especially since we aren't offering them up, just stating they exist

www.week4paug.net

jephrey

Hmmm, tough one.  I think we wouldn't want to shed a ton of light on the ones that happen to contain LP and here's why.  Currently, vids fly under the radar for the most part.  Noting that ones exist with LP audio would shed a lot of light on the situation and could cause a problem with other "legal" vids.  I might be changing my tune here, but I don't think we should list them.  In addition, they are well defined as illegal.  The difference between this and listing the LP sbds on the sbds page is that the LP sbds aren't altered.  They actually circulate legally (albeit that you had to pay for them).  When you add that to a questionable video, you first of all begin circulating a show that is under Phish's control and is the same as trading the LP release for free, and second, you kinda put the whole video aspect of Phish out in clear view. 

For our, and others who trade videos sake, I think those should be left off, or posted with the original audio source listed if they still do circulate that way.

As for stuff like Live in Vegas and Live in Brooklyn, I think those would go in the list because they're not tradeable, but they do circulate and are legal.

Does that sound like a good idea?

Jephrey

Marmar

Yup.....that's what I was going to suggest.....

disco

sounds good,
now that vacation season is over, I'll get into those video lists

www.week4paug.net

disco

got a few notes updated, took out the "infamous" 11-11-93 show as well. I had some thoughts in the "tag everything" thread, then reconsidered a bit, maybe a "video info page" would be a good idea, including some general video software info & explanations. what do you guys think

I'll go back through and tag all the Page's and Mike's a little later

www.week4paug.net

jephrey

As I stated in another thread, have you explored using the work that may already be done for stuff like that on wikipedia?  For stuff that doesn't necessarily pertain to Phish, I like the idea of going outside and tapping other resources.

Jephrey