News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

SBDs Page

Started by Marmar, July 10, 2006, 01:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

Big question......

SHOULD LivePhish CD and Downloads be included in this list?.......granted while they do "circulate", they are off limits.....where do we stand on this?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jephrey

I say they should be there.  Circulating shouldn't leave out paid distribution.  I think the list is more to let us know and keep tabs on what is out there.  If there's an alternate source, then it should be listed also.  That's what I think.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Marmar

Ok...so far 1984-1987 are complete.......1990 is started......man, this is gonna take a while to finish......especially when I hit 1991-1993

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

disco

Just Glancing through your list, I noticed that 7-10-00 & 7-11-00 aren't on there. Are these shows only avaliable as a matrix or aud recording, but not just the SBD's alone?
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

jephrey

I didn't realize the gravity of the SBDs page.  No rush.  kinda like the rest of the wiki, we should just keep plugging away.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

Quote from: disco on August 01, 2006, 03:02:14 AM
Just Glancing through your list, I noticed that 7-10-00 & 7-11-00 aren't on there. Are these shows only avaliable as a matrix or aud recording, but not just the SBD's alone?

well, those are technically SBDs because they were recorded from the ALD (Assisted Listening Devices), which is a direct SBD feed (as opposed to the IEM recordings that have become so popular over the years, which are a different mix than the house mix we all hear in the audience).  i know this about these 2 shows in particular because i happen to know the person who made the recording  :evil:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Marmar

And the only other thing about the ALD sources is this:

The ALD feeds are compressed to get more juice outta them......so I think those 2 *might* get listed un the Purported SBD table when I get it up....

Marmar

check it out....tell me how it's starting to look :)

jephrey

That's coming together great...

I'll be doing a little bit on random pages today and I'll report my progress!

J

Marmar

I got a question.....

Should we add a key to decipher the cryptic abbreviations used in the tables?

SBD = Sound Board
PCM = Early digital recording medium found on video recorders
DAT = Digital Audio Tape
CassX = Analog cassette, the number after dictates the generation of the tape
DSBD = Digital Sound Board, no analog intermediate generations

Or something similar to that?......Discuss.....

jephrey

YES!  No discussion necessary.  I'd just put what you have right there at the top.

J

tet

Quote from: jephrey on August 19, 2006, 01:11:25 AM
YES!  No discussion necessary.  I'd just put what you have right there at the top.

J

make a nice box for it too, with tables.  i think we need to start making some fancy templates, i'm reading up on it from their help pages, but it's still beyond me for the most part. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Marmar

What would be the cats meow......not only having it as a table, but as pictograms as well....like....

SBD > Cass would look like:

>

or something to that effect.....heh....of course the pics would get resized.....

jephrey

That'd be really cool...

J