News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Progress

Started by jephrey, August 04, 2006, 02:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

i think PhishJY had done it.  he was working on 1990 last nite, adding a few shows... not sure what's different myself, other than the code looking neater.

he did say something about the year 2000 page not loading right in his browser, which was IE on XP.  I have a screenshot of it on my other computer, i'm posting that down below.  he says 1990 displays fine... any idea what the issue is?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

PhishJY

I did add the dates in January.  I noticed that it appeared to be taking up more space, and I'm not sure why, either.  I did reorganize the code, so I could read it better.

As for 1990, I will continue work on that year.  It may take me a few days, but I will finish it up.  I guess you could say that I adopted the 1990 stuff.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

PhishJY

Quote from: tet on August 21, 2006, 11:01:16 AM
he did say something about the year 2000 page not loading right in his browser, which was IE on XP.  I have a screenshot of it on my other computer, i'm posting that down below.  he says 1990 displays fine... any idea what the issue is?

The 1990 page is displaying the same way too.  It's not just the 2000 page.
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

jephrey

So what do you and everyone else think...  I'm not going to wait for a response, I'll organize the rest that way.  For all of us, it'll be easier to see where things are.

What part is not displaying correctly or is it all f'd?

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

PhishJY

In the pic that I sent to tet, I've drawn arrows where the cell is showing behind another cell.  For what it's worth, my screen res. is set to 1024 x 768.

I imagine that all the years look the same way, but to be honest, I haven't checked.

tet

look at my post above, i attached the pic.
-Phish

jephrey

:oops:

I guess I didn't read or look well.  My bad.

Hmmm.  I'll take a look at the code.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

PhishJY

I know, it's all because I'm using XP! :-D

jedifunk

why is it that when i click on a year on the main setlists page it goes to the year page, but it starts 1/2 way down the page.  shouldnt it start at the very top?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

jeph- are you going to be taking care of all the stats for each year/tour page?  things like openers, total # of shows, etc?

i notice that 2000 is incomplete, and all the other years are exactly the same as 2000... just curious whats going on there.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Here's what I think is happening.

each section is a table  unto itself.  so instead of those tables starting on the next line, they are just going across...

In short, it's because you're using XP and other microsoft products.

Here's a possible way around it.  I added it to the 1990 page so see if it's better.  Basically, after ftp covers and after ftp originals in the left hand column of the table (general stats, ftp originals, ftp covers, and cinderella men), I added the
 so the next table would show below.  Does that work?

Jedi, because you're starting at the "Setlists Page" it's bringing you to the top of the setlists section of the year.  I suppose that the thinking is that if you are looking for a setlist, we want to provide a fast way to get there.  Maybe they should link to the top?

And I wan't necessarily planning on doing the stats, but I can.  I just left them like 2000 as placeholders.

J

tet

Quote from: PhishJY on August 21, 2006, 11:16:04 AM
I know, it's all because I'm using XP! :-D

a wise man once said:  "IE is for Windoze Update only"
-Phish

PhishJY

Well, after reloading, I still have the same problem.  I am @ work right now, and this is a XP machine.  Since I don't have the ability to do a screenshot, here's what I see:

Column 1                                 Column 2                         Column 3
General Statistics                      Most Played Originals         Most Played Covers
Concert Debuts (Originals)          Top Set 1 Openers            Top Set 1 Closers
                                            Top Set 2 Openers            Top Set 2 Closers
                                            Top Encores                     Most Played Gamehenge Songs

Hopefully you can get the picture....

jephrey

column 1 has 2 more tables in it which are not feeding down to the next line

Concert Debuts (Covers) and
Cinderella Men

OK... I recreated the problem in IE here at work...  I'll see what I can do.

J

jephrey

I can't figure it out.  I put borders on to see what I could see and the other tables in that cell just ran over it.  Plus it goes off to the right which almost says that it's somehow behind the whoe table and there's no size constraints on them.  Still looking.
J