News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

song pages completed

Started by tet, August 12, 2006, 11:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drvinestein

OK, I'm starting to understand how to edit the stats bar.  All my songs should be good now.

Question, when I enter a "Jam", do I tag it like [[Jam]] ?

And - What about adding the cover song "1999"?  It seems the [[1999]] page has already been taken.  What should it be called?

And - I added Ain't Love Funny, but it is in the Original songs, and it needs to be in Cover songs, so how can I move it?
http://wikipaug.net/index.php/Ain%27t_Love_Funny

Aftermath
http://wikipaug.net/index.php/Aftermath

Albert
http://wikipaug.net/index.php/Albert

All of These Dreams
http://wikipaug.net/index.php/All_of_These_Dreams

tet

try [[1999_song]] as the page name.  then, when you link to it, just use a pipe:  [[1999_song|1999]].  that will make just "1999" show up on the page, but it will in fact link to the page [[1999_song]].

similarly, if you were to link to the page for the album Lawn Boy, the proper page would be [[Lawn Boy_album]], while you would make the piped link on the page say: [[Lawn Boy_album|Lawn Boy]] so it would just display "Lawn Boy" on the page.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Yeah, any jam is called jam.  If you look, I made a song called Jam.  Basically all jams will be in there and in the notes it'll say fukuoka jam or blues jam or whatever.

Oh, all albums (whether there's a song named that too) are the album name then _Album (capitalized).

For covers, at the bottom of the page theres something that looks like [[Category:Song]].  For covers it should say [[Category:CoverSong]].  Take a look at Funky Bitch or one already entered.

Later.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

drvinestein

That's great!  Thanks! :phish:

Another thought:

If I type in a song and link to all the shows at the bottom, and if I miss a show somehow, will it come up automatically, or do all shows come up automatically?  I've typed out the last few and was wondering if there is a easier way to enter stats.

Also, if I enter a song with a jam, should I edit that into the "Jams" page?

jephrey

If you miss a show somehow, it has to be edited manually if I get what you're saying.  As far as stats, what do you mean?  Can you also explain entering a song with a "jam", do you mean the preceeding or following song is a jam? 

Since jam is not considered a song in and of itself at ihoz where we're getting our initial stats, things will be different.  Personally, I am reluctant to use "Jam" unless it's its own entity.  If it's part of a song or whatever, I usually wouldn't even put it in the setlist.  Can you give an example?  I may be confused on what you're saying.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

drvinestein

QuoteIf you miss a show somehow, it has to be edited manually if I get what you're saying.  As far as stats, what do you mean?  Can you also explain entering a song with a "jam", do you mean the preceeding or following song is a jam?

OK, I understand.

To sum it up:
I added Makisupa Policeman.  To finish off all the info on that page I'll need to link the two albums and the debut in the "Song Statistics" box (with the info just now from tet), and to correct the appearances.  In the Appearances section, I will have to manually edit all of the new statistics in (Date, Gap, Set, Comments, Previous Song, and Preceeding Song).

Correct?

Within that Appearances section of Makisupa Policeman, I referenced and added the 12/30/2003 appearance of it.  The proper listing would be "Makisupa Policeman -> P.Funk Medley Jam -> Makisupa Policeman" correct?  Into your Jams song, I entered it into the notes so that my notes match up with yours.  Was this proper to do?

And finally, within the notes section of 12/30/2002 , I listed notes of the song as best as I could in the way it was explained to me by you.  Did I do these properly as well?

If I get all this stuff right in the beginning, then I can just mimic it with new songs I add so it will all go to the proper places when finished.  Thanks for the help.

jephrey

First, the Jam page is perfect.  IMO, that's the right way to show the jam.

Now, the makisupa page.  First off, I wouldn't link to any albums because it's not on an album (I personally don't consider livephish releases albums, they're just different sources of a show).  I agree that you'd have to edit the appearance parts of the thing, but in there, I personally don't think it should say Reggae Jam or Bowie Jam, I think it should still just say Jam.  in addition, I think you should look to see if that song should really be a Jam or if it can be just in the notes as part of Makisupa, like "followed by a [[David Bowie]] jam".  That note would go on the detailed setlist page for that show as well as in the Appearances section on that date.  That's kind of a judgement call, but I usually say that jams are only considered jams if they're completely seperate from any song preceeding or following them, and should be part of the notes foor the song they preceed or follow if they are not a seperate entity.

I am open to all jams saying what they are however, if everyone agrees...  We really could use something like [[Jam|P. Funk Medley]] like you did in all places.  There wouldn't be a P. Funk Medley page, however, it would relieve the need to put that in the notes on the details page.  We could do it that way if everyone else is down with that.  There'd be a couple from 2000 and a couple from 1998 to fix but its early on still so easy to do.

Shall we do it that way?  I'm OK with it.

If everyone else agrees, I think the only thing I'd look at in the songs you've done would be to do what you can to verify that the Jam is it's own entity and wouldn't be better suited as a note on the preceeding or following song.

Get what I'm saying?

Later.

j

drvinestein

Yay!  I'm helping! 

The reason I call it P-Funk Medley is because LP.com calls it that.  So to correspond with their naming scheme and ours, I did the [[Jam|P.Funk Medley]] thing. 

A lot of the info I'm using is from online resources and books, since I dont have every show or song I edit into the wiki.  If I mislable  or misrepresent a Jam somehow, then it can be discussed and revised at a later date.  Just now, I'm happy getting raw info in.

Same thing if I mislink something in the songs.  Sooner or later, we'll get to it.

Question:
Is the site still going to be opened of the first, or has the date been moved back?  Cause if you expect to get a lot of new users entering a lot of new data, then it wouldn't be any trouble to whip a template up or two of what I've been doing.

drvinestein

November 03, 1984 show:
http://wikipaug.net/index.php/November_03%2C_1984

All songs and stats have been entered for this show  :-D

jephrey

Right, as long as it's going in, that's good.  The reason to just call it jam initially was so we wouldn't have all these seperate pages for the different jam names...  I like the way you've got it there personally.

The 1st is a very loose date.  I just accepted a new job and start in later January.  Being one of the major contributors, and not doing much lately, I'd like to push it back just a bit.  Really, you are one of the only people who have give a good effort lately and I'd like to give others a chance to do something when we get back to the grind in January.

J

tet

so you think we should hold off a bit? 

i've been itching to change my avatar to our logo...   :mrgreen:
-Phish

jephrey

I don't know.  There's really only been a few heavy-hitters so far.  I don't imagine a new crop when it is "open" so I think (as I've been saying) that people will come in and think that it's lame.  I could be wrong.  I think since we're making great progress now, we could hold off a tad until the progress slows a bit, and then open it up.  I'll be starting a new job later in January, so I'll have 'til then to do a bunch.  How about we wait just one more month?

J

tet

-Phish

drvinestein

Cool.

Now if we're including every show for every year, does it need to have a setlist?  Like March 02, 1985?  They played a show, but no setlist is known.  I vote for adding shows like this, where one was established, but just mysterious.

Would a radio show be considered a show as well? And if so, shall it show up as one in the individual song stats?

jephrey

I have been adjusting some gaps for the radio stuff that was played in early 2000.  They are shows, people got/won tickets and went to watch Phish.  I like considering them shows, however, when it comes to a soundcheck, no, for the same reason, people don't "get tickets" to a soundcheck.  But that's just my take, maybe you feel strongly the other way? 

I think there should be a placeholder for shows without setlists, so yeah.  That show would be on the 1985 page (see how PhishJY did some of those on the 1990 page) as well as have its own [[March 2, 1985]]  page.  (BTW, no leading "0" with the written date, but it does exist in the text date like 1985-03-02).

J