News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

nice! def want to catch dune in the theaters, probably be after Vegas though. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: emay on October 19, 2021, 12:16:13 PMnice! def want to catch dune in the theaters, probably be after Vegas though.

Crossed my mind to see it there...
(I will not)

mopper_smurf

QuoteNo Time To Die

Continuing the streak of seeing every Bond flick in the theater starting with A View to a Kill.  I gotta say though, one of my favorite aspects of the Bond franchise has always been the stunts.  When you have CGI fist fights, you've gone too far.
I was seriously underwhelmed. And I am turning into a Hans Zimmer hater.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

QuoteNo Time To Die

Continuing the streak of seeing every Bond flick in the theater starting with A View to a Kill.  I gotta say though, one of my favorite aspects of the Bond franchise has always been the stunts.  When you have CGI fist fights, you've gone too far.
I was seriously underwhelmed. And I am turning into a Hans Zimmer hater.

It was very slow moving and as the wife pointed out, very unsatisfying. I know it's just part 1, but there was no form of any 'ending' or 'resolution'. I honestly didn't now that was Zimmer, it was pretty meh, musically.

And the lead actor really only has two emotions to display. Overconfident millennial, and half-smiling overconfident millennial.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Saw Dune in IMAX.

Production design was sick.

Costumes were amazing.

Score was very Hans Zimmer-y but I thought it was appropriately grandiose.

Chalamet was meh, but he really didn't have that much to do in this first part anyway.

It successfully brought the world that I imagined while reading the book to life, which is the most important thing.

Hope they make part 2, which should be even better as that part of the story is a little more streamlined with more action.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Saw a few things lately:
Halloween Kills - it does not in fact kill. It sucks. Like worse than this sort of movie should. Way worse. Do not spend money on this trash (I did not)

The Ritual - This came out a couple years back and was not, honestly, terrible. I kind of enjoyed it.
(Watching horror movies with my 17y/old daughter is fun too)

The Green Knight - Great flick. Wildly psychedelic as it should be. Really enjoyed this one.

Dune - I agree with Hicks' from above. I think this was decent given the point in the story they reached, they found a nice arc and rise & fall of action. Decent film and a hell of a setup for the next.

WillBreathes

Saw The Last Duel last night, it was really good.  Much better than I was expecting.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

jam>

New Wes Anderson movie is great if you like Wes Anderson.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 25, 2021, 08:54:45 AMThe Green Knight - Great flick. Wildly psychedelic as it should be. Really enjoyed this one.

Quote from: jam> on October 26, 2021, 04:17:29 PMNew Wes Anderson movie is great if you like Wes Anderson.

been wanting to see both, glad to hear it.

i watched "summer of soul" and "crazy, not insane" on the flights to and 'fro Vegas this weekend.
been wanting to watch the Harlem thing for a while and it did not disappoint. the latter was super interesting if you're into psych and courtrooms and serial killers.

also, watched a few show episodes... started the Wu-tang thing from HULU and i cannot wait to finish it.
then, an episode of Mike Judge's new animated thing, "tales from the tour bus" - watched the one on Jerry Lee Lewis... really enjoyed it...
 and the acid vat episode of Rick and Morty since the siblings have been harassing me to watch; will watch more.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Hicks

Spiderman No Way Home

Loved it, will just say it's a must see if you've been a longtime Spiderman fan.

Yeah it's kinda fan service-y, but the heart is there.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Black Book (2006)

Sign me up for a Paul Verhoeven film. This one is more serious in tone and subject matter (Dutch resistance in Nazi-occupied Holland) than most of his well-known hits, but it still offers up the Verhoeven hallmarks: gratuitous nudity, brutal violence, and flashes of the absurd. I do prefer his zanier stuff but this was an enjoyable film, and well done. I didn't even realize until after that the star is the same actress who played Melisandre on GoT. She's, uh, very good in this one, too.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

there's probably a better topic to put this under, but i finally finished the beatles let it be doc.  it was cool, but it could have been about 6 hours shorter!

sls.stormyrider

^
looking forward to that one

Don't Look Up
Funny and disturbing. I don't think the people who really need to see it will watch.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Mr Minor

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on February 01, 2022, 01:03:07 PM^
looking forward to that one

Don't Look Up
Funny and disturbing. I don't think the people who really need to see it will watch.

Agreed.  Great flick.

Just re-watched The Untouchables.

Classic 80s "true" crime story!