News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

gonna get me some mangos, man...

bye tiger!

never get off the boat.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like... victory.

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. it's my nightmare.

Charlie don't surf!

Someday this war's gonna end.

You're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill.

a classic. i saw the redux version. the extra scenes are good in themselves, and sure it's interesting to see the other stuff they shot... but everytime one came on the screen it was like 'and we now take a break from the movie...'  Coppola worked on that movie till he went insane. it's exactly what it needs to be. sticking in new scenes just fucks it up. it's like lucas and star wars, just leave these movies alone! dvd extras are interesting, but i'm getting sick of great movies being re-edited.

if you've never seen the doc on the making of Apocalypse-- Hearts of Darkness-- you must watch it immediately. it's awesome.

rowjimmy

I love that Apocalypse Now a few dozen times. Saw the redux in the theater and I liked it but I think that, aside from the French Plantation Scene, most of the original edits were warranted. The documentary, Hearts of Darkness, imo, is almost closer to the original book than Apocalypse Now.

Favorite Lines:

Willard- every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger.

Chef- Lance, hey Lance. What do you think?
Lance- It's beautiful.
Chef- What's the matter with you? You're acting kinda weird.
Lance- Hey, you know that last tab of acid I was saving? I dropped it.
Chef- You dropped acid? Far out.

Dennis Hopper - I'm a little man, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas.

Kurtz - We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write fuck on their airplanes because it's obscene.

OctopusRider

Quote from: cactusfan on February 06, 2007, 02:48:47 AM
if you've never seen the doc on the making of Apocalypse-- Hearts of Darkness-- you must watch it immediately. it's awesome.

Hearts Of Darkness is great! Everytime I watch the movie I want to watch it next.

rowjimmy

Little Miss Sunshine

The credits are rollin now. Great fuckin movie.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 06, 2007, 10:59:54 PM
Little Miss Sunshine

Word, esp. Carrell.

For me Pan's Labyrinth, it was aight, a little light on the fantasy and heavier on the real world war stuff than I was expecting.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

thechad

This was Peter Jackson's 1st movie, I wouldn't say it was great or even good for that matter, just very different and I had seen most of his other movies besides LOTR.  I don't know how I feel about it.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

rowjimmy

I love the poster, that's for sure.

jedifunk

anyone catch ....

Bastards of the Party

last night on HBO?  fucking incredible IMO... a great look into the history of gangs in LA (bloods & crips)... produced by a former Blood...

they looked at how the gangs started, and about the history through the years, and what they can do now to stop the violence.

very very interesting inside look into a world i'll never know anything about.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Little Miss Sunshine

Saw that in the theater......I really liked it.  The last scene is priceless :lol:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

I knew, from.. right before that scene, how that would go down.. .generally. they really got past my vivid imagination, though. I love it when a movie can do that. Take the predictable and make it so much more.

Casey Lenahan

The Illusionist was a good movie. Great ending (clever).
I owe Aug $20

OctopusRider

Quote from: tehdead on February 10, 2007, 04:08:12 AM

Yes!!!! That was the best DVD I've rented in months. I didn't see that ending coming at all.  :-o

rowjimmy

Quote from: OctopusRider on February 10, 2007, 05:05:08 AM
Quote from: tehdead on February 10, 2007, 04:08:12 AM
Yes!!!! That was the best DVD I've rented in months. I didn't see that ending coming at all.  :-o

really?

I disliked that movie. I found it predictable as tax season.

sophist

Little Miss Sunshine

2x

even better the 2nd time. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gimmetela

shopgirl

weird, slow, but i liked it.
i like steve martin, and it is based on one of his novellas, and he stars in it.
quirky love story.
chic flic.

**looks around and realizes she's still the only girl here, and mutters to herself, "where all da white women at?"**