News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: Hicks on June 22, 2009, 01:31:41 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on June 22, 2009, 09:56:05 AM
I am def adding Synecdoche, New York to my list of movies to watch now, even though there was a couple negative reviews here.

I'd highly recommend Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead as a far superior play within a play movie if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will add it to my list. Just got back from watching The Hangover. Funny movie. I'm always inclined to watch a Todd Phillips movie simply based on the fact that he did Bittersweet Motel. I always remember going to the theater for that one in Philly, and there only being 4 of us in the theater. Memories...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on June 22, 2009, 01:45:20 PM
body of lies= meh city.

Told you!   :wink:   

Did you ever watch Blood Diamond?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 22, 2009, 02:21:04 PM
I am def adding Synecdoche, New York to my list of movies to watch now, even though there was a couple negative reviews here.

I'd highly recommend Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead as a far superior play within a play movie if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will add it to my list. Just got back from watching The Hangover. Funny movie. I'm always inclined to watch a Todd Phillips movie simply based on the fact that he did Bittersweet Motel. I always remember going to the theater for that one in Philly, and there only being 4 of us in the theater. Memories...

Rosenkrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead is a great play/flick.
Flies over a lot of people's heads, though.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on June 22, 2009, 03:11:02 PM
body of lies= meh city.

yeah iwas thinkin of you. :-D

unfortunately there just arent that many good movies left to rent from cable. it was that or valkyrie.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

Quote from: VA slim on June 22, 2009, 03:50:49 PM
body of lies= meh city.

unfortunately there just arent that many good movies left to rent from cable. it was that or valkyrie.

That had such potential to be a great film, but they ruined it by casting Tom Cruise.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Quote from: ytowndan on June 22, 2009, 04:01:18 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 22, 2009, 03:50:49 PM
body of lies= meh city.

That had such potential to be a great film, but they ruined it by casting Tom Cruise.

heh, I'll still check it out, I'm not gonna go in expecting Saving Private Ryan or anything though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 22, 2009, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on June 22, 2009, 02:21:04 PM

Rosenkrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead is a great play/flick.
Flies over a lot of people's heads, though.

Great movie.  Love the verbal tennis match scene.  Superb writing for that play/movie.

UncleEbinezer

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo.  I like really un-intellectual movies as you may have noticed.  :)

"You ever try farming not high? It's boring as shit!"   I couldn't stop laughing.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

khalpin

QuoteF%$^ you, donuts are awesome!
:lol:

sprobeck

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on June 23, 2009, 09:11:51 AM
Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo.  I like really un-intellectual movies as you may have noticed.  :)

"You ever try farming not high? It's boring as shit!" 
 I couldn't stop laughing.

I can attest to the validity of that statement!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

Igbo

"Notorious"

Sucked! As you can tell by my avatar i'm a Biggie fan, but that movie blew

gah

Angels and Demons. Pretty good for a summer time flick. Liked the book better though, as usual per movie adaptations though.

mehead

Death Proof...I feel bad for Kurt - having to sit thru that lap dance
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gah

Quote from: mattstick on June 06, 2009, 10:57:36 AM

Went to see The Brothers Bloom last night, excellent film.  2 thumbs up.

Just saw this today. Great flick. I would highly suggest it as well.