News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mattstick's new Mac help thread

Started by mattstick, August 16, 2006, 03:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

tet

Quote from: mattstick on August 19, 2006, 04:30:57 PM
I've found the Desktop/Screensaver settings but can't find the Power Saving settings... any help?

I don't want the MacBook going to sleep after only a few minutes.

something else you can do, if the battery icon is displaying on the menu bar, you can just click on that and change the power setting profile.  that way you can switch between, say, DVD Mode, which keeps the screen bright and on the whole time, and Longest Battery Life, which dims the screen, slows the hd and the processor.  You can also switch between custom settings there.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

Does anyone use mlb.tv on their mac?

It does'nt work with Safari and I after I installed Firefox that does'nt work either...   :?

jedifunk

never tried it... but it does say its compatible with os x & safari 1.3
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

do you have Flip4Mac installed?  that's the WMP-compatible plugin for Quicktime.  you may wanna give that a shot, it may or may not work...

www.flip4mac.com

EDIT:  with that installed, change the Create Streaming Movie checkbox in Flip4Mac WMV PrefPane/Movie tab so it's turned on.
-Phish

mattstick

sick - got it working in Firefox

thnx tet

mlb.tv is awsome if you're a baseball fan - every game, tons of on-demand stuff I love it.

jephrey

I just did the audio for mlb, but I think I have to re install flip4mac.  I have an old version and trouble getting the stream (firefox, explorer and safari).  My isp can always be the problem too.  bastages.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jephrey on August 21, 2006, 09:22:51 AM
I just did the audio for mlb, but I think I have to re install flip4mac.  I have an old version and trouble getting the stream (firefox, explorer and safari).  My isp can always be the problem too.  bastages.

J

yes, the newest version is 2.1 i believe, and is a lot better.  it still doesn't work perfectly with live broadcasts on CNN.com Pipeline, but i heard that it's fine with MLB and other live WMP broadcasts.  it's also a UB now.  i beta test for them, so when a new version is coming out i'll usually have a bit of a heads up about new fixes.
-Phish

jephrey

funny thing is that the version I have worked for a while.  maybe it was a system update that fucked it.  I'll try the newer version.  No need for UB, unfortunately.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

Matt, thought this might help you out.  I use Launchbar, not Quicksilver, but I think they both generally do the same thing.

http://web.mac.com/willie.morris/iWeb/Willie./Blog/CEAA00CB-F8EC-45F8-8733-168A736FBFC5.html
-Phish

mattstick

sick thanks - I was hoping there was something better than the original BT client

also I installed openoffice already, not sure why anyone actually uses Office anymore...