News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right now I'm listening to...

Started by bacchist, September 03, 2006, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

:phish:
Humphries House (The Zoo)
Amherst College, Amherst, MA 
09-24-88

"Full Moon at the Zoo"

Source: Soundboard>cass/0>DAT
Transfer: DA-20 mkii->Delta Dio2496->Soundforge 4.5 (resampled on setting 4 w/anti alias filter->cdwav->shn
Received From: Brandon Johnston
Speed Correction: shn > wav > CHS 2004 > flac(8)

Disc 1
Set 1
1. Golgi Apparatus
2. On Your Way Down
3. Alumni Blues
4. You Enjoy Myself >
5. Wilson >
6. Peaches en Regalia
7. La Grange
8. //Take the A-Train
9. The Divided Sky
10. Bold as Love

Disc 2
Set 2
[David Bowie missing]
1. Lizards
2. Walk Away
3. Possum
4. Fee >
5. Sparks
6. Whipping Post
Set 3
7. Good Times Bad Times
8. Fluffhead
9. The Curtain
10. AC/DC Bag

Original Notes: GTBT contains diginoise. Dat was missing david bowie, apparently this is missing or severly cut on all copies. A-train is also clipped, most likely an analog flip

Speed Correction Notes: Traders Little Helper was used to decode shn files to wav.  Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 was used for speed correction.  TLH was used to convert the corrected tracks to flac and to fix sbe's.  The original speed/pitch was inconsistent throughout each song.  Set I was slow/flat and set II was fast/sharp.  Golgi, the end of YEM, and all of Wilson were OK but the rest were off.  There are lots of ticks, static, diginoise, dropouts and flaws throughout.  No attempt was made to correct these.  I simply wanted to improve the speed of the recording to make it listenable.  -OctopusRider August 2009

Love this '88 show from the Zoo.   8-)

anthrax

If Petrichor had a little brother who liked to dress up in ladies clothes  :oops:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on March 18, 2021, 05:20:09 PM
If Petrichor had a little brother who liked to dress up in ladies clothes  :oops:

He just really wants to write musicals for Broadway... it's pretty clear at this point that is his singular focus. This is a great Broadway musical tune.

I mean, this guy is our hero, right?

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, and the quarantine tunes are scraping the bottom of the barrel bad, in comes this full throttled kick in the dick. By the time Phish come back, I very well could be spending half a show on piss break. Oh well, lots of other really great music being made out there.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 18, 2021, 05:52:55 PM

He just really wants to write musicals for Broadway... it's pretty clear at this point that is his singular focus. This is a great Broadway musical tune.

Pretty sure that's my wife second from the right. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on March 19, 2021, 02:20:12 AM

Does she usually make that face when Trey is singing?

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 19, 2021, 08:48:57 AM
Quote from: Hicks on March 19, 2021, 02:20:12 AM

Does she usually make that face when Trey is singing?

<Wife> "Cluster Flies?  I thought you said I'd *like* this one?"

WhatstheUse?

That was just... unsettling.
Bring in the dude!

susep

Out of the four Island shows, this one gets the most playback.  They all stand tall on their own, to each his own.  Love the Tube opener, spacey jam out of Stash.  Simple has some extra mustard esp from Trey.  Sally continues its rebirth from 12/30/97.  Frankie Says is a fav esp the debut version.  Twist does a nice job foreshadowing the house vibes of '99 and 00.  I recall when Shapiro released these shows on Summer Solstice '05 or '06, was super pumped.     

WhatstheUse?

I obsessed over this Twist for many years. Only rivaled by Fukuoka for best version ever, IMO. 

Kuroda was also is so well synced with this jam - would?ve been quite the treat to witness.
Bring in the dude!

susep

For Twist, 11/14/97 has a fairly cerebral jam esp the last 4-5 minutes.  Classic Fall 97 funk out into outer space.  Would love to hear that show in SBD.  Always been fond of the 12/31/99 Twist from BC.  Super ambient and trippy.  Radio City has a nice Twist also, encapsulating the BC spaceyness. 

susep

Making my way through this 38 disc Woodstock box.  Its pretty f***ing wild to say the least.  Have made it up through the  :syf: set.  Had no idea who Quill was, enjoyed their set.  Unknown to me psychedelic band from Boston.  One of their tunes reminds me of Caution, lots of drumming.  Keef Hartley was another interesting find.  Mountain was fun to hear in light of West's recent passing.  We've all heard how the GD blew it at Woodstock.  Frankly they sound pretty good especially compared to the garage band sound of most of the acts.  St. Stephen > Mama Tried in place of Lady Finger?  Sure, why not.  The world's biggest acid party.  Unrivaled.   

PIE-GUY

WWOZ.ORG - Stevie Wonder and Ella Fitzgerald starting RIGHT NOW!!!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

Quote:phish:
the fox theatre
atlanta, ga
1995-11-09

set 1 (~70 min.)

disc 1
01-Tweezer Reprise, 02-Divided Sky, 03-Prince Caspian, 04-Punch You in the Eye, 05-Simple, 06-Reba, 07-Tela,
08-Sample in a Jar

set 2 (80 min.)

disc 2
01-audience chess move, 02-Theme from the Bottom-> 03-Julius, 04-The Lizards-> 05-Bathtub Gin->
06-T.M.W.S.I.Y.-> Avenu Malkenu-> T.M.W.S.I.Y.-> 07-Life on Mars, 08-Hello Ma Baby, 09-The Squirming Coil,
10-E: Loving Cup

source: akg460b/ck61>b18>denon dtr80p, by chad clark
transfer: DATmaster>cd(1)>eac>cdwave>flac, by john m 2007-08-31

notes:  set 1 is incredible, every song played is one of the best versions ever imho.  simple has a very cool jam, as
does bathtub gin in set 2.  the recording is top notch also.  fades applied at end of set 2 and before and after encore to
fit on 80 min. media.  thank you chad!

Probably my new favorite Divided Sky.