News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Apple Products 2006-09-12

Started by jephrey, September 12, 2006, 10:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

i wonder how much work its gonna be to get the gapless setup?  hopefully its all in traditional apple style... meaning easy as hell! ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jonyem

GAPLESS!!!

shit, now i'll be busy re-encoding my phish collection.
Oh well, I asked for it!

jephrey

Now the prayer goes out that it's just a firmware update.  I've always thought so, but the wording makes it sound iffy.  Like, there are enhancements to the 5G  60 and 80GB like the enhancements will only be on this revision of the 5G.  I mean, gapless is grouped in with new headphones and brighter screen.  Man, I hope it's firmware.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

Quote from: jonyem on September 12, 2006, 01:35:27 PM
GAPLESS!!!

shit, now i'll be busy re-encoding my phish collection.
Oh well, I asked for it!
i guess it will be easy for me then, cuz i've always been fine with the gaps, so now i dont have to re-encode anything to do gapless!  sweet.

still wish they would have given an option to "link" tracks so that when shuffling by song it would keep those tracks together.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

jedi, I think so too, like a shuffle override that you can put on any song you want.  You just put the name of the song you want next in the override field or maybe even simpler, it just goes to the next song on that album.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

tet- any word from you apple store on availability?  i cant get through to mine.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

And I've never been fine with the gaps, but I always assumed that Apple would come through.  I first called the end of 2004 for that update so I'm off by 2 years.  Now I'll be able to listen to Phish the way it's supposed to be listened to.

J

jedifunk

man i wish they would hurry up and update the apple website, so i can DL iTunes before i go to work today...

and i wish that kinkos didnt lock down the mac, so that i could upgrade iTunes there as well, but i cant and we're stuck with iTunes 5 which can play my iPod anymore... bastards
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jonyem

I actually don't mind the re encode, as I didn't get very far in the podcast style encoding. Most everything already was single song/tracks.

Pretty sweet, 80 gig for 350, that's what I paid for my 40 gig a couple years ago!! and it didn't have a color screen.

jonyem

Quote from: jedifunk on September 12, 2006, 01:44:58 PM
man i wish they would hurry up and update the apple website, so i can DL iTunes before i go to work today...

and i wish that kinkos didnt lock down the mac, so that i could upgrade iTunes there as well, but i cant and we're stuck with iTunes 5 which can play my iPod anymore... bastards

At least you can listen to music at work, trade ya!

jephrey

Apple is releasing its long-rumored set-top box in Q1 2007. It will be Wireless

WHOA!

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

1/2 size of Mac Mini, built-in power supply, USB, Ethernet, 802.11 "wireless component video", optical audio and HDMI ports, plus old RCA stereo audio ports. Works with Apple Remote

sounds good...  And with next gen front row (recording capabilities?)

jephrey

I wish they'd update so I can download and waste my afternoon at work playing with it.  If not, I'll waste my afternoon making posts here.

J

jedifunk

$299 for the iTV!!! thats fucking incredible!  and its HDTV!!!! for my new LCD HDTV!!!

fuck, i'm gonna be broke, or in serious CC debt at this rate....  PS3, HDTV, iTV!!!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio