News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

My new toys

Started by rowjimmy, September 25, 2006, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Nice upgrade.....I just got a Digi-003, but only because I got an $750 trade-in on my 001......for amps I have a '57 Champ, a '64 Deluxe (owned by Richard Lloyd), and a '73 Marshall Super Lead (50w).....I love them so much, but don't get to play them too much anymore.....Right I have a couple Strats (83,93) a Les Paul ('83) a P-Bass ('94) and a Martin-001.....just sold my PRS to pay for dog''s surgery....don't get me started on effects.....guitars rule....

Marmar

I used to have killer toys....

Now I'm pretty much stripped down.....

Got my Thinline Tele....My ES-335 archtop.....

Custom Duncans in the Tele, '59 PAF and a Carvin Holdsworth in the ES.....wired for stereo ;)

I've got 2 amp rigs.....

Rig 1- Soldano/Caswell MIDI Preamp > 2 Soldano 100watt Monobloc heads > 2-2x12" Celestion Greenbacks loaded in 2x12" closed back Soldano cabs.....more effects than you can shake a stick at (classic Wah, lots of rack units (reverbs, delay, etc..).....and an A.R.T MIDI floor controller to wrangle the beast....

Rig 2- 1969 Fender Bassman Silverface with the original tubes still in perfect working condition > Custom built Maple cabinet (designed and built by me) loaded with 2 12" celestion greenbacks, and a compression horn crossed over @ 6000Hz......

Rig 1 shreds....nice and loud.....I haven't fired up this rig in years.....it's loud enough to play over a band in a small theater......Rig #2 is my gigging rig (small bars, etc)...it's also a wonderfully clean rig....perfect for matching up to an acoustic guitar with my Tele.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

I've gotten some new stuffs and I thought I bump this for kix.

For Xmas my wife bought me a ribbon microphone, the Cascade Fathead:
http://www.cascademicrophones.com/cascade_FAT%20HEAD.html

and now, just last week I bought this pre-amp for both home and live concert recording:
Apogee Mini-MP
basically a sweet, portable 2-channel pre-amp. At home, this simply gives me more options (I already have 4 mic pres on my tascam interface) and on the road, this will serve as a front-end to anything into which I want to capture audio.
http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/minimp.php?show=features

antelope19

According to the back of that thing, it's not messin' around, it's SER!   :-D  Hope you get to have some fun with those things.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

It very much is SER...
Can't wait to get rolling with this puppy.

The mic I've used a few times already and I love it.

rowjimmy

Okay.
I ran the mini-mp and loved everything about it but the size.

So I sold it and bought a Sound Devices MP-2:

That thing fits in the palm of my hand... totally great.

Now, I haven't had a chance to run it at a show but I have run it. Here's a copy of a post I put up on  another board:

I write songs & play guitar and occasionally I get around to recording them. Recently, while on vacation, I setup and recorded a few tunes after the kids were in bed.

The setup was:  Superlux SMK-H8K/U (mid) + Cascade Fathead (side) > KindKables Black Stealth cables > SD MP-2 > JB3

For the added geek factor, I took a few photos. No, this is not my house so don't blame me for the decor.

Shoulda moved the pop screen before I took this:

And, yeah, the AC was off while recording... Had to turn it on for a bit after every couple songs, though. Gotta love the VA summers.

antelope19

That's 'skins hat seems to be placed pretty well!   :-D

I like the set up, RJ.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on July 30, 2008, 12:38:03 PM
That's 'skins hat seems to be placed pretty well!   :-D

I like the set up, RJ.

I had to ditch the hat because I got too hot while playing.

The setup = mid/side
That's my new favorite stereo recording technique.

keeb333

Just ordered a new toy, can't wait til it gets here:

Digitech RP350 multi-effects amp modeling processor

I've been playing with this in the store for a little while now, and finally broke down and ordered one! :-D

rowjimmy

Nice.
I'm shunning electricity in favor of hillbilly instrumentation (for now) but that looks pretty cool.

keeb333

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2008, 10:43:20 AM
Nice.
I'm shunning electricity in favor of hillbilly instrumentation (for now) but that looks pretty cool.

Right on...right now my only guitar is an Ovation acoustic/electric, but this processor sounds great clean, and then lets me scream so hard you can't tell its not a full electric!  Plus, being able to output digital via built in USB port right into my computer for recording purposes is a plus (coupled with all the amp/cabinet modeling).  All in all, killer sound and tons of flexibility for a fairly low price!

I can't wait to try miking my mandolin through this thing to see how that sounds!

rowjimmy

Quote from: keeb333 on July 31, 2008, 11:00:13 AM

I can't wait to try miking my mandolin through this thing to see how that sounds!

Now that sounds fun!

keeb333

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2008, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: keeb333 on July 31, 2008, 11:00:13 AM

Now that sounds fun!

It should be here next week...Once I have it all figured out, I'll start recording and posting some tunes.

CRAZYED

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

Should be here today and i am so fired up to shoot this thing!

CRAZYED

Well my camera rig just approached the cost of a schoeps rig with this new addition to my bag.

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras