News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jimi Hendrix Thread

Started by susep, September 30, 2006, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

54 years this beauty was released in the USA. December 1, 1967 in the UK and Europe. 
Twitter | FB | Instagram

susep

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hendrix-electric-lady-studios-box-set-march-25-2022.1126399/

Pretty excited about this release specifically the medley from 6/24/70 as described by Hendrix vault leader John McDermott in his book Sessions.  Hendrix was on fire(no pun intended)in 1970 both live and in the studio.  Curious if the copyright laws, changes in the EU helped spur this release?  Either way, get ready for a great Hendrix box. 

mopper_smurf

Amazon took it down. For now, I hope.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

Buffalo Budd

Just picked up Jimi's bio book - Room Full of Mirrors this week. Pumped to start it tonight.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

QuoteJust picked up Jimi's bio book - Room Full of Mirrors this week. Pumped to start it tonight.

That's a pretty good one. Have you read Keith Shadwick's Jimi Hendrix - Musician? I highly recommend it.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

https://recordstoreday.nl/album/angel/

QuoteJimi Hendrix
Angel
Release: 23-04-2022 | Label: Legacy Recordings / Bertus
RSD 2022
1x 7″
Recorded at Hendrix's newly created recording facility, Electric Lady Studios in 1970, "Angel (Take 7)," makes up Side A of this exclusive 7″ single white vinyl release. The track was recently released for the first time as part of the Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision album. Side B includes previously unreleased "Message to Love" was recorded in 1970 at New York Pop Festival at Downing Stadium on New York's Randall's Island. Both tracks are among the last recorded, just before the legendary musician's untimely death.

This isn't mentioned on the US RSD site, but my guess is that will be available in 'Merica too. And the Electric Lady Studios set has been delayed.

ETA: and it's gone. Delayed as well.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 16, 2022, 01:48:12 PM
QuoteJust picked up Jimi's bio book - Room Full of Mirrors this week. Pumped to start it tonight.

That's a pretty good one. Have you read Keith Shadwick's Jimi Hendrix - Musician? I highly recommend it.

I'll search it out when I finish this one.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

cactusfan

I need some help figuring where a couple of tracks are from. I've had them on my hard drive for ages, but in low bitrate, and was going to upgrade... but now I have no idea where they came from.

The songs are Pali Gap and Midnight. But they're not the versions from the South Saturn Delta release.

These versions are mixed very differently, Pali Gap is shorter at 4:43, and Midnight is longer at 6:02. Any idea where they're from?

mopper_smurf

QuoteI need some help figuring where a couple of tracks are from. I've had them on my hard drive for ages, but in low bitrate, and was going to upgrade... but now I have no idea where they came from.

The songs are Pali Gap and Midnight. But they're not the versions from the South Saturn Delta release.

These versions are mixed very differently, Pali Gap is shorter at 4:43, and Midnight is longer at 6:02. Any idea where they're from?

Those tracks have been floating around in different mixes. My guess is that they all used the same source.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Ordered this one from one of my local book shops - one of the owners is a fellow Hendrix geek - but it never showed up. He got really mad at the import company they use on my behalf  - and suggested that I'd buy it from Amazon then. Nope, the shipping costs are much too steep. Howeverr, it also listed on the bookdepository.com, so  it should be here within a two weeks or so. And I tipped the guy in the book shop to do the same for his own collection. Next time I run into a him at a live show he will buy me a beer.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Will be released over here on May 20. I have those tracks, but my inner completist ordered it.

ETA: pushed back to December. oh well.
Twitter | FB | Instagram