News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey's Fall Tour

Started by PhishJY, October 08, 2006, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

That's the way I feel....

Clearly most people have more love for Mike than I do, but I'm really just bored with his once-a-tour guest spots with Trey's band.

mattstick

10/14/06 House of Blues

Myrtle Beach, SC October 14, 2006 09:20 PM

Set One

* Night Speaks
    * Shine
    * Dark & Down
    * Sweet Dreams Melinda
    * Wherever You Find It
    * Simple Twist up Dave
    * Shadow
    * Spin

Set Two

* Host Across the Potomac
    * Mr. Completely
    * Ether Sunday
    * Love that Breaks all Lines
    * Plasma
    * Dragonfly

Encore

* Mud City>
    * I Wanna Take You Higher>
    * Mud City

================================

10/15/06 Thomas Wolfe Auditorium

Asheville, NC October 15, 2006 07:57 AM

One Set:

* Goodbye Head
    * Push On 'Til The Day
    * Dark & Down
    * Gotta Jibboo
    * Sleep Again
    * Shine
    * Sample In A Jar@
    * Driver@
    * Pebbles & Marbles@
    * Harry Hood@
    * Ambient Jam >
    * Bar 17
    * Sand
    * Dragonfly

Encore:

* Words To Wanda

Key:
@Trey solo acoustic.

Gumbo72203

any idea how long that Hood is?  Such a weird song to play acoustic...   what does he do with the jam section?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

ucusty

oh my god asheville was sick!!!!!    Driver was requested by me, and the hood was also a fan request!  before trey played hood he said i'll try this but if i mess up please dont throw a beer bottle at me. hood was about 8 minutes.  goota jiboo was stellar as well.  maybe 1000 people at the show last night.  empty venues are strange. 

August

it is strange, because all the shows played so far are nowhere near sold out.
listening to the Webster Hall shows, you can constantly hear beer bottles being thrown in the garbage can at the bar.
and the bar is not that close to where tapers would set up.
plus, it is dead silent in between songs.
i hope it is still empty for NYE!
a

Gumbo72203

Custy, can you give a little show review possibly?  That would be awesome.  Any idea why it was only one set?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

It was 2 electric sets with Trey playing acoustic between them - he did that most of last summer and fall too...

The more people stay away from Trey shows the better they will be...  It's funny to see people's perceptions change with each tour...

ucusty

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 16, 2006, 12:00:32 PM
Custy, can you give a little show review possibly?  That would be awesome.  Any idea why it was only one set?

well it was sick...  he has been taking set breaks all tour until asheville so maybe it was something special.  many many requests were played,  I asked for a harpua and trey laughed.  best trey show ive seen in 5 years.  what the deal with the wanda what album is that on??  plus he played tuesday after that if i remember correctlly

mattstick

Words To Wanda is on 18 Steps

mattstick

Someone else may have mentioned it, but there are a few tracks from Webster Hall in the Trey A/V Room...

Plasma just left a smoking crater of my mind.

ma215

Quote from: mattstick on October 16, 2006, 12:16:35 PM

It was 2 electric sets with Trey playing acoustic between them - he did that most of last summer and fall too...

The more people stay away from Trey shows the better they will be...  It's funny to see people's perceptions change with each tour...

I was actually glad Trey didnt have the acoustic interelude in the show I saw in Philly. For nostalgia sake, the acoustic part is alright. I do like having a set break to relax and wander around tho.  It will be interesting to see if he keeps doing the acoustic songs in the middle of the electric sets from now on.

mattstick

It's funny because I was at the first show where he did that at Jones Beach last summer, and I was supposed to call some friends who were at WSP in VA on the same night during setbreak - that phone call never got made, and I had a good reason why!

PhishJY

I like low attendance shows.....Kinda a smaller, more intimate feel, I suppose.

uc, must be nice to be able to say, "Yeah, I requested that one..." :-D

And I hope that there's an acoustic set on 11/2.  I could care less about the rest of you!  :-D
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on October 16, 2006, 02:42:39 AM
10/15/06 Thomas Wolfe Auditorium

Asheville, NC October 15, 2006 07:57 AM

One Set:

* Goodbye Head
    * Push On 'Til The Day
    * Dark & Down
    * Gotta Jibboo
    * Sleep Again
    * Shine
    * Sample In A Jar@
    * Driver@
    * Pebbles & Marbles@
    * Harry Hood@
    * Ambient Jam >
    * Bar 17
    * Sand
    * Dragonfly

Encore:

* Words To Wanda

Key:
@Trey solo acoustic.

Quote from: ucusty on October 16, 2006, 12:32:05 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 16, 2006, 12:00:32 PM

well it was sick...  he has been taking set breaks all tour until asheville so maybe it was something special.  many many requests were played,  I asked for a harpua and trey laughed.  best trey show ive seen in 5 years.  what the deal with the wanda what album is that on??  plus he played tuesday after that if i remember correctlly

http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/boards_thread.cgi?threadID=1138858&page=1

thoughts on this fellas?

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

Please don't reference PT threads again, I hate that crap.

This guy is right though...

QuoteYou know during the show, this kid is thinking ohhhhhhhhhh I cant wait to post about this on PT... OMG-CK5 was in a folding chair, i cant beleive it...