News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Looks like a killer spot.
I'm going to see them on Thursday but it's a bar in DC... infinitely fewer vibes.

khalpin

Went and saw Roomful of Blues last night featuring Carl Gerhard on trumpet.  The show was in his hometown.  My wife and her friends all went to high school with him, as did over half the crowd, it seems.  Twas a good time.  400 people sitting in lawn chairs on a summer night.

VA $l!m

Welp, we did it boys!
First proper show in like 12 years.

Was a long haul with my health conditions but made it all the way through.
Probably went too early b/c i didn't know there was an opener.
Was brutally hot hazy and humid for Nebraska.
I opted for Gatorade and water over beer and it was definitely the right call.

The band was dope. Love the big band and Trucks is fucking insane..

Was sitting in the cheap seats all the way in back waiting for show to start and a box office lady came up to me and asked if i was alone and gave me a front row center ticket!

Best part is after being annoyed about the whole cell phone tix thing i ended up getting an actual STUB, lol.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

That's awesome! Nothing beats a front row miracle.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

sls.stormyrider

That is awesome!!!

I saw them earlier this month and have listened to a few shows on the archive.
I didn't think it was possible, but Derek has taken his playing to an even higher level. Blown away.

on a side note, saw Billy Strings the other night. He put on a great show, as expected.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on July 28, 2023, 08:46:17 AMThat is awesome!!!

I saw them earlier this month and have listened to a few shows on the archive.
I didn't think it was possible, but Derek has taken his playing to an even higher level. Blown away.

on a side note, saw Billy Strings the other night. He put on a great show, as expected.
nice!
i'd love to catch him as well, and yeah Trucks is just perfection.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

That's awesome Slim, stoked you made the effort and also got the upgrade.  That rules.

I went to Jazz Is Dead this past weekend and they were great. Kimock is playing really well and Bobby Lee Rodgers (Codetalkers) really brings a cool element with the electric banjo. 100% recommend seeing them.

Flaming Lips doing Yoshimi tomorrow with Ikki.

pcr3

I attended Remember Shakti at the Wang Center last Thursday night with Mrs. Superfreakie and my buddy Rich, who all the Boston crew know (SF had to leave town last second and miss it).  John Scofield opened for them, solo electric.

Sco was awesome.  I love how he used loops in his set, especially reverse ones.  He played for maybe 45 minutes, and it was very enjoyable.

As for Remember Shakti, well, that was an incredible thing to experience live.  Zakir Hussein is absolutely incredible on tabla, which is not news, but I found it amazing how much of an animal he still is at 72.  The soundscapes they created were pretty unreal.

I think Boston was the first stop on the US leg of their tour, and I highly recommend checking them out if you are at all into this type of music.  The Wang was not sold out, and I imagine it may be similar at other stops...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

we have tickets for the Austin show, for sure! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

I have second row center for the shakti show here in two weeks.  Was super psyched to attend, I got in on the pre sale the second it opened.  Alas, I got called off on a work trip and have to sell my seats.  So bummed.  Hicks is going.

rowjimmy

Saw Little Feat on Friday night indoor with a spacious, undersold balcony. We boogied.
Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley opened and these dudes shred. Trey has been previously nominated as Guitar Player of the year by the IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) and Rob has won Dobro Player of the year 15 times.

Anyway the whole night was amazing. Little Feat still slays.

----

Saturday night, I attended a Phil Cook show that was a solo piano gig. Held in a studio for ~50 people. Phil played grand piano instrumentals with no amplification and it was magical.
Almost forgot to mention that I saw fellow pauger Phil there!

PIE-GUY

Is Little Feat still on their "Waiting For Columbus" run? I saw that show in Austin and it was so damned good... but it was my first time seeing them without Paul Barrere and that made me a little sad. 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Nope. Pretty broad setlist on this run. they're doing some shows this fall focusing on the Dixie Chicken & Feats Don't Fail Me Now albums (iirc) wherein on a two night stand they'll play all of one of those records "plus the hits".