News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Are Bill Payne, Kenny Gradney, and Sam Clayton still in?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on August 23, 2023, 05:50:50 PMAre Bill Payne, Kenny Gradney, and Sam Clayton still in?
Current line-up:

Bill Payne
Sam Clayton
Kenny Gradney
Fred Tackett
Scott Sharrard
Tony Leone
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Scott Sharrard is outstanding on lead guitar & vox.

sls.stormyrider

yes, he is. Fred Tackett is good too. I'm pretty sure I saw him with some iteration of LF many years ago.
I should put them back on my list.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on August 24, 2023, 12:28:29 PMyes, he is. Fred Tackett is good too. I'm pretty sure I saw him with some iteration of LF many years ago.
I should put them back on my list.
Fred has been with the band for ages. He's terrific and even played a little trumpet.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 24, 2023, 09:01:21 AMScott Sharrard is outstanding on lead guitar & vox.

True. Didn't make me miss Paul any less tho. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

I never saw Lowell George. Wish I had.
I was lucky enough to see Paul and Ritchie a few times. Ritchie was great back there.

This segues back on topic. Saw Marcus King last week. Amazing show as usual. Highlights included a great cover of Spanish Moon.
Encore was Whipping Post.

mistercharlie

Pretty good show at the Fairgrounds last night. Greensky put on a great show. TAB was good too, my mind is never blown after a TAB show, but I had a blast! Took off before UM started their Zeppelin Dream Set, as I have 6 hours of P&L review calls at work today and I needed the sleep! Trey seemed to love the strange glass light sculptures that hung in the Coliseum.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Great little festival you got there in the heart of Indy...highly recommend!

Caravan2001

Went to see K&D with Hicks on Sunday in Seattle.  It was awesome.

emay

Kamaal Williams. Amazing UK jazz. 

Buffalo Budd

Classic TAB
Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival - Fredericton, NB
SET 1: Blaze On*, Back on the Train, A Wave of Hope, A Life Beyond The Dream, Sweet Dreams Melinda,
Wolfman's Brother, Evolve, Shade, The Way I Feel, 46 Days, Gotta Jibboo, Sand

ENCORE: Everything's Right

* Lyrics changed to "dancing in the tent."

24 hour rule be damned, drugs have worn off and that set is hands down my favourite set Ive seen at this fest of the 7 or 8 years I've attended.
The Way I feel was a pleasant surprise and was given the royal treatment.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

I forgot to mention the fact that numerous times during the show I looked around and didn't see a single person with their phone up, which was a refreshing change. Everyone in the moment.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Dagny and I went to see Greta Van Fleet last night. I got us seats on the floor just left of what should have been the soundboard. When we got there I saw the soundboard up further and a stage was right there. Halfway through the show a drum solo started and we suddenly had front row seats for an acoustic set! As the band moved to the smaller stage right next to us. Pretty awesome time.

Way different than the last time we saw them in 2018, before they got big. So many screaming and swooning girls last night wearing so much fringe and glitter!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

I saw Oteil and Friends last night at the Strand in Providence. Incredible collection of friends, and the band was cooking last night. Was not familiar with a bunch of the songs, but that didn't matter once the band locked in and got to that place, which happened frequently.

Highly recommend checking them out if you can.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3