News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Quote from: Red Sea Pedestrian on February 06, 2007, 08:05:37 AM
Funk'n'stien the band (local Israeli funk band, they're pretty good, and they always put on a good show. If you ever find yourself in the middle east, be sure to check 'em out).

my great friend, Gil Cohen, lives in Tel Aviv.
he had a video for "angel without wings" a few years ago.
ya know him?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=12767625&MyToken=11da6e9e-3c9b-44ec-a1b0-4c35121f721d

a

axilla1

particle and delta dove on new years in L.A. :banana: :banana: :beers: :samurai: :-D :mrgreen: :banana:

Red Sea Pedestrian

Quote from: ikki on February 06, 2007, 10:24:37 AM
You're in Israel?  Cool, I didn't realize the Red Sea in your handle was literal. 

Actually it's from Life of Brian. I just thought it was a really funny way of saying you're Jewish.

Quote from: August on February 06, 2007, 10:32:23 AM
my great friend, Gil Cohen, lives in Tel Aviv.
he had a video for "angel without wings" a few years ago.
ya know him?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=12767625&MyToken=11da6e9e-3c9b-44ec-a1b0-4c35121f721d

a

Sorry, I don't know him  :-(.

rowjimmy

C'mon, doesn't everybody know everybody there?  :wink:
</naive american>

August

rowjimmy

From wikipedia:
Quoteis located at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea. It is bounded on the north by Lebanon, on the northeast by Syria, on the east and southeast by Jordan, on the southwest by Egypt, and on the west by the Mediterranean Sea. Before June 1967, the area composing Israel (resulting from the armistice lines of 1949 and 1950) was about 20,700 km² (8,000 mi²), which included 445 km² (172 mi²) of inland waters. Thus Israel was roughly the size of the state of New Jersey, stretching 424 km (263 mi) from north to south. Its width ranged from 114 km (71 mi) to, at its narrowest point, 15 km (9.0 mi). After the June 1967 War, Israel occupied territories totaling an additional 7,099 km² (2,743 mi²). These territories include the West Bank, 5,879 km² (2,270 mi²); East Jerusalem (annexed, according Israeli law), 70 km² (27 mi²); and the Golan Heights (de facto annexation), 1,150 km² (444 mi²).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Israel

White_Bandana

Dark Star Orchestra:

Show #1,351 - Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at The Intersection, Grand Rapids, MI
Performing 7/21/1974 Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
1:Promised, Tennessee Jed, Me & My Uncle, Sugaree, Jack Straw, Half Step, Roses, El Paso, Scarlet, Around
2:China Cat> I Know You Rider, Big River, Row Jimmy, Playin> Wharf Rat> Truckin> Nobody's Jam> Playin> Ship Of Fools> Sugar Magnolia
Encore: U. S. Blues
Filler: Second That Emotion*

antelope19

I am headed down to New Orleans by way of Memphis this evening for a LONG weekend!!  I have a few friends down there, and we are hoping to catch some of the preliminary Mardi Gras stuff.  I am too old, or maybe just not willing to put up with the real deal.  Anyway, I am hoping someone is playing at tipitinas.  Doesn't look too terribly promising though.  I guess I'll just have to settle for temps in the upper 60's!!!!!!!  F this snow garbage.  hahahahahahah 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Gumbo72203

Dark Star Orchestra

Show #1,311 - Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at Revolution Hall, Troy, NY
Performing 6/11/1993 Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
Set 1:Jack Straw, Foolish Heart> Same Thing, Lazy River Road,Tom Thumb Blues> Masterpiece, So Many Roads, Promised
Set 2:Eyes, Playin> Uncle John> Corinna> Drumz>Wheel> Watchtower> Black Peter> Sugar Magnolia
Encore: Brokedown
Filler: Mr. Charlie*
with special guest Rob Barraco - *Barraco sang lead

i miracled my friend and also gave him his first rolling experience.  Steve was always the kind of guy that went to a show to watch it, to sit in his seat and enjoy the show without dancing.  When we came back in for the 2nd set, he said his legs started to feel rubbery.  Eyes comes on, and he slowly starts gettin into the groove, boogeying down.  Right in the middle Uncle John's Band he just completely stops tho, and looks me straight in the eye:  "Now i know why they dance!!!  I get it!"  He was groovin hard the rest of the night.  I had finally gotten the breakthrough id always wanted with him lol, to get him to finally realize and see for himself the magic of live jamming. 

Now, for whatever reason...  either we were wayyyyy too beat from the show or i didn't know that they were doing 2 nights, but i am SOOOOOOO kicking myself in the face for skipping the 2nd night:

Show #1,312 - Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at Revolution Hall, Troy, NY
Performing 11/11/2006 Original Setlist
1:Might as Well, Stranger, Built to Last, Easy Wind, On the Road Again, Simple Twist, King Solomon's Marbles, Box of Rain> Revolution
2:The Weight, Blow Away, St. Stephen > Other One> Dark Star> Drums> Space> Days Between> Other One> St. Stephen> Touch
Encore: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's> Playin Reprise> Ripple
Filler: None
Happy 9th Anniversary, DSO - with special guest Rob Barraco

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID GREG.  *kicks face*  STUPID STUPID IDIOT.  gahhhhhh

I learned my lesson.  No matter how good the first night is, its not good enough to warrant not going to the next night.  WHY DO I KEEP DOING THINGS LIKE THIS!?!?!  First i turn down miracles for both nights of Phish at SPAC in '04.  And then i decide to skip the 2nd night of DSO because i didnt think that they could top the first night.  I mean...  come on tho, in my defense, how can you come out of a show with a 2nd set like the first night and not have reservations about them being able to top it the next night?  gahhhhhh im fuckin retarded.  whats that saying...  get me once, shame on you.  get me twice, shame on me. 

i.  am.  sooooo.  stupid. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

newplanet7

Just went to see the Wood Bros saturday 2/10 in NewMarket NH. Great stuff if you're into folky/bluesy tunes. I had a great time. Killer sound at The Stone Church too. The wife and I were seated at a table butted up against the front of the stage. I made a sign that said NH GOT WOOD and they were diggin' on it. They ended up signing it. Great show.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

mopper_smurf

John Cale
2007/02/11
Patronaat, Haarlem, The Netherlands

1. Heartbreak Hotel
   2. Reading My Mind
   3. Evidence
   4. Save Us
   5. Model Beirut Recital
   6. Helen Of Troy
   7. Walking The Dog
   8. Sold Motel
   9. Hush
  10. Outta The Bag
  11. Chinese Envoy
  12. Ghost Story
  13. You Know More Than I Know
  14. Dancing Undercover
  15. Buffalo Ballet
  16. Things
  17. Venus In Furs
  18. Jumbo in tha Modernworld
  19. Pablo Picasso > Mary Lou
  20. E1: Dirty Ass Rock'n'roll
  21. E2: Fear > Big White Cloud > Fear
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

Grizzly Bear 2/18/07 Mission Theater

Quite good, beautiful voices in that band!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Lyrics Born w/ The Coup 3/2/07 Wonder Ballroom

Showed up at 9:45 and only caught two songs by the Coup.   :x 

Lyrics Born schtick is starting to wear kinda thin with me, but I've seen him a bunch over the last couple years.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gimmetela

i like LB...i bet he's fun to see live.

EOTO at the Boone Saloon in boone, nc.  pretty phatty beats...

Hicks

Quote from: gimmetela on March 03, 2007, 01:48:10 PM
i like LB...i bet he's fun to see live.

He's fun, but he talks. . . a lot.  I've probably seen him six or seven times since 2002 and every time it's the same schtick, "yo Portland make some noise!"   "That was horrible!  I know y'all didn't come out here to not have a good time!" 

It gets old, just play your songs dude.