News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

U-Melt's 400th show celebration.  3/3/07  Revolution Hall   Troy, NY
Wreckloose opened.

WOW.  what a fucking night.  U-Melt is unbelievable...  these guys are gonna get huge.  Their vocal harmonies are delicious, and Rob has amazing chops.  Zac Lasher is one fucking awesome keyboard player and singer tho, damn. 

But you guys really need to check out Wreckloose.  They're opening up for Perpetual Groove in May, and I almost gave my friend a heart attack when i told him that, because after I dragged him kicking and screaming to a PGroove show, he became obsessed with them really badly.  And after dragging him to the U-Melt show, he's bugged out on Wreckloose now too.  And the two of them together was almost too much for him haha. 

does anyone here listen to U-Melt as well? 

U-Melt
March 3, 2007
Revolution Hall
Troy, NY
source: Neumann km184> v2> SBM-1 (44.1 kHz)> optical 7-pin> iriver H120
[DIN 90* Balcony rail DFC]
transfer: H120> USB> Sound Forge 6.0> cdWave> FLAC Frontend
taped/transfered by Rob Clarke RobClarke.km184 -AT- gmail.com

disc 1 (set 1):
01. Tomorrow My Friend*-> Ernest Funknine ->
02. 415 ->
03. Perfect World ->
04. Question Matters
05. Escape,

disc 2 (set 1 cont.):
01. It's Ice^ ->
02. A Portrait of Kizmet#
-- Set 2 --
03. Missed ->
04. Carne ->

disc 3 (set 2 cont.):
01. Dancin' Fool** ->
02. Schizophrenia ->
03. Disclaimer/Disilision ->
04. Red Star^^
05. crowd
06. Encore: Air%

Show Notes:
400th Show Celebration.
*Intro Only
^With A Portrait of Kizmet tease
#With La Woman (The Doors) tease
**First Time Played (Frank Zappa)
^^With Schizophrenia tease
%With Shannon Lynch (Lynch, Conehead Buddha, Before Cowboys) on tenor sax.

This is definitely one of the strongest first sets Ive seen from any band, anywhere, period.  The flow is just perfect...  effortless, gentle, and raging.  The emotional/lyrical flow of the first 4 songs just boggles my mind.  And its even weirder because of the relevence to the recent events of my life...  415 made me cry, and I had to leave during Perfect World (my g/f of 16 months broke up with me on my 21st birthday a week before...  go to umelt.com and check out the lyrics and you can see why)

http://www.archive.org/details/umelt2007-03-03.184.v2.flac16
http://www.archive.org/details/wreckloose2007-03-03.km184.v2.flac16

You guys really gotta check out Wreckloose too.  They're from Albany, as far as I know.  They blew me away; I loved it.  They've got a very original sound...  I'm not sure how to even describe it.  Take the danceable four on the floor drumming of the Dead/Disco Biscuits, and put that underneith this mashed up thing that feels a little like the Allman Brothers.  I'm really at a loss to explain their sound.  Their singer is great tho, he's like Gregg Allman without sounding like a 50 year old black man, just in the emotionality of the way he sings, I guess.  Its hard to explain.  If anything, PLEASE download their last song, Break Them Down.  This song hasn't left my head since the night of the show; its mad annoying haha.  The vocal harmony on the chorus just melts me away, and its not a really jamming tune, which is what makes me love it even more, because its an actual SONG that is extremely well-written.  You can find a sendspace link in the "Jamband hits" thread i started
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

SgtStukov

Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon Theatre 3/22/07. Awsome show!

cactusfan

Antibalas - excellent. they really brought it live. gotta love a five piece horn section.

Badly Drawn Boy - ummm, a girl took me to see this. i'd not heard any of the music before. not bad, i guess, but not really good either. kind of inoffensively bland. at one point the main guy-- damon something?-- teased the journey song 'don't stop believin' which got a laugh. then they closed the encore by actually playing that crap song without so much as a hint of irony. ouch. it was awful. even the girl i went with was cringing.

Blaise

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 25, 2007, 05:10:54 PM
U-Melt's 400th show celebration.  3/3/07  Revolution Hall   Troy, NY
Wreckloose opened.

WOW.  what a fucking night.  U-Melt is unbelievable...  these guys are gonna get huge.  Their vocal harmonies are delicious, and Rob has amazing chops.  Zac Lasher is one fucking awesome keyboard player and singer tho, damn. 

http://www.archive.org/details/umelt2007-03-03.184.v2.flac16
http://www.archive.org/details/wreckloose2007-03-03.km184.v2.flac16

I dl'd that U-Melt show last night and checked out some of it this morning on the train. Not too bad.

cleech74

Gene Ween (acoustic w/ Dave on Bass) 3-29-07
Great show at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA.  Nice venue, it was a seated show.  We had a table of six, about 20 ft from the stage.  The crowd was very attentive, and respectful of the venue and type of show.  They played Space Oddity for us. :-D
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

rowjimmy

Did I know that you were local here?

You hitting Zero @ the State on 4/18?

cleech74

Not hitting Zero.  I'm from just outside Baltimore, so the drive to Falls Church took about an hour.  Really cool venue, though.  I actually recorded some music at Cue Recording Studio, across the street from the State, a few years ago.

It was worth the trip, and the $ for the show.  We got a really good one.  Good venue with a killer vibe.  I'd see anyone there again.

You up for the O's game in April, rj?
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

rowjimmy

Can't make the O's on a weeknight I live 50 miles SOUTH of dc..
I'm aiming for the Nats game.

August

Just got in from LCD SOundsystem at The Bowery in NYC!
Had a blast!
Nancy Whang is HAWT. I WOULD like to BEd her.
met James before the show, too.
a

August

Quote from: August on March 31, 2007, 01:48:20 AM
Had a blast!
a

GO SEE LCD WHEN THEY BLOW UP YOUR CITY!

SETLIST
01 "Us V Them"
02 "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House"
03 "Time To Get Away"
04 "North American Scum"
05 "All My Friends"
06 "Get Innocuous"
07 "Tribulations"
08 "Watch The Tapes"
09 "Movement"
10 "Yeah"
--
11 "Someone Great"
12 "No Love Lost"
13 "New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down"

Was one of the best shows i have ever witnessed.
a

Hicks

Quote from: August on March 31, 2007, 01:48:20 AM
Had a blast!
a

YEAAAHHHH, P-TOWN REPRAZENTT!!!!!  I've known Nancy since high school, and while she did cause me to miss Radiohead at Coachella '04 she does rule and is quite hot.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

metalzone58

12/30, 12/31 TAB in atlantic city

redrum

L A N G E R A D O

with this guy:

umm.. yea it was like that.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

ytowndan

Quote from: reddrum on April 05, 2007, 11:57:11 PM
L A N G E R A D O

with this guy:

umm.. yea it was like that.

Wasn't there someone dressed like tinman with him?  I could have swore I saw those two together...
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.