News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Page McConnell 7/12/07 Aladdin Theatre

Fun show, they jammed out a couple of tunes and I was stoked to see them do Memories Can't Wait.
Big ups to caravan for getting Amelia in and introducing me to Jared.   :beers:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

yeah, the Page show was fun last night.  Me and Hicks (and the as of last weekend new Mrs. Ikki Hicks)  linked up with my friend Jared, who's the guitar/keys player (and author of Mock Song), for some japanese food, and then they rocked out.  We came in 10 minutes before showtime and grabbed really good seats.  There were a few killer moments,  I was impressed for the most part. Page looked good, and played well. Only about 350 people there, but people seemed stoked on it.  The only cover was the T. heads track, and Cars, Trucks and Buses.  The best track was Beauty of a Broken Heart, which they played the tits off of.  A good show.  See you at Wilco, Hicks (if not before....)

Casey Lenahan

checked out Roger Waters last night. Awesome show best so far this year.

set 1.
In The Flesh
Mother    
Set Controls For The Heart Of The heart of the Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One)
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home    
Perfect Sense (Part I)    
Perfect Sense (Part II)    
Leaving Beirut    
Roger Waters
Sheep    
Speak To Me / Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives    
Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)    
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb
I owe Aug $20

Gumbo72203

holy shit, he acknowledged Animals.  wow.  How was Sheep???
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Casey Lenahan

Sheep = highlight of the show. Played note for note, had the crowd going,and Roger had a smile on his face the entire time. Also wanted to note that it was the best Any Color You Like ive ever heard!
I owe Aug $20

Gumbo72203

indeed...  were any of the songs jammed out unordinarily? 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

I saw Waters play Dogs on the In the Flesh Tour in 2000 or 2001.  The band sat around playing cards on stage during the synth solo section.   :-D
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

newplanet7

Quote from: tehdead on July 13, 2007, 01:44:50 PM
checked out Roger Waters last night. Awesome show best so far this year.

set 1.
In The Flesh
Mother    
Set Controls For The Heart Of The heart of the Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One)
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home    
Perfect Sense (Part I)    
Perfect Sense (Part II)    
Leaving Beirut    
Roger Waters
Sheep    
Speak To Me / Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives    
Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)    
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb
Wow! Best show so far this year????
You should get out more.  :wink:

I saw him last week and it was great for nostalgia sake...
But that's about it. :|
Nothing out of the ordinary, considering he's been doing the same set for a few years now.
Don't get me wrong, I was diggin' it, but best show of the year?

Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

mattstick

I saw the Roger Waters show last night from the press box - awsome show!

mattstick

CRAZYED

I saw Waters at Summerfest July 2nd.  It woulda been nice if he actually sang the tunes these days but i guess the cd that they play with the vocals does prolly sound better than his voice these days.  Still a fun show though and i'm glad i saw him.

Last two shows for me was Widespread Panic Friday & Saturday at the Chicago Theater in Chicago.  Great weekend in chicago, stayed at the W by the sears tower which was off the hook, room #420 taboot.  Then we hit up Navy Pier and the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday as well as Gino's East for some classic Chicago pie.  .  Both shows were fantastic, Jimmy Herring is still a friggen animal.  Energy at the shows was off the charts and the sound in that room was just simply amazing.

07/13/07 Chicago Theater, Chicago, IL
Set I: Conrad, Good People, Dear Mr. Fantasy> Sleeping Man, Casa Del Grillo, Dyin' Man, Thought Sausage> Barstools And Dreamers> Rock
Set II: Slippin' Into Darkness, B of D> Chilly Water> Pleas> Chilly Water> Jam> Drums> Arleen> Protein Drink> Sewing Machine, Pilgrims, Give
Encore: Superstition> Heaven

7/14/07 Chicago Theater, Chicago, IL
I: Henry Parsons Died, Wondering > C. Brown, Heroes, Stop Breakin' Down Blues, Flicker, Greta > Jack, Action Man
II: This Part of Town, Diner, Space Wrangler, You Should Be Glad, Impossible, Mercy, Flat Foot Flewzy, Contentment Blues, Sharon, Imitation Leather Shoes
E: May Your Glass Be Filled, North

antelope19

All Good fest.  My highlights would have to include, Moe, Franti, Claypool, Yonder, and Keller.  As I expected they would be going in.  Surprises were New Monsoon and Tea Leaf Green.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Igbo

Femi Kuti at 930club in DC on friday. Excellent!!! I have seen him play maybe 10+ times and each time it gets better. It was sold out, and everyone was rocking. The band was so tight, and Femi's voice was really strong. He kept saying "outside of Lagos, i can call DC home!"

sophist

Quote from: CRAZYED on July 16, 2007, 08:41:51 AM
I saw Waters at Summerfest July 2nd.  It woulda been nice if he actually sang the tunes these days but i guess the cd that they play with the vocals does prolly sound better than his voice these days.  Still a fun show though and i'm glad i saw him.

Last two shows for me was Widespread Panic Friday & Saturday at the Chicago Theater in Chicago.  Great weekend in chicago, stayed at the W by the sears tower which was off the hook, room #420 taboot.  Then we hit up Navy Pier and the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday as well as Gino's East for some classic Chicago pie.  .  Both shows were fantastic, Jimmy Herring is still a friggen animal.  Energy at the shows was off the charts and the sound in that room was just simply amazing.

07/13/07 Chicago Theater, Chicago, IL
Set I: Conrad, Good People, Dear Mr. Fantasy> Sleeping Man, Casa Del Grillo, Dyin' Man, Thought Sausage> Barstools And Dreamers> Rock
Set II: Slippin' Into Darkness, B of D> Chilly Water> Pleas> Chilly Water> Jam> Drums> Arleen> Protein Drink> Sewing Machine, Pilgrims, Give
Encore: Superstition> Heaven

7/14/07 Chicago Theater, Chicago, IL
I: Henry Parsons Died, Wondering > C. Brown, Heroes, Stop Breakin' Down Blues, Flicker, Greta > Jack, Action Man
II: This Part of Town, Diner, Space Wrangler, You Should Be Glad, Impossible, Mercy, Flat Foot Flewzy, Contentment Blues, Sharon, Imitation Leather Shoes
E: May Your Glass Be Filled, North
I'm listening to Friday's show now and its intense.  I'm just in the first set too, I can't wait to hear the second set. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

newplanet7

Quote from: CRAZYED on July 16, 2007, 08:41:51 AM
Thanks for putting it better than I could have. This is exactly what I was trying to convey.-t
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"